White Rose build thread - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxwhite View Post
Is the still timing stock or has it been advanced? If it hasn't been advanced any you can still use "regular" and there wouldn't be any benefit to running 93 really. If it's been "tuned" for 93 it more than likely won't detonate on 91 unless they advanced the pee out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He just did a pi head swap and that brought the compression to ~10.5:1 so he has to run 93 octane.

Honestly, you could probably get away with 91 octane on the stock tune.

My 12:1 compression runs just fine on 93.

1998 GT
Rebuild in the works. New crank, 2013 Boss rods, srp .020 over flat top pistons with valve reliefs, 12:1 compression, ported pi heads, comp xe278ah cams.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwarrior1016 View Post
He just did a pi head swap and that brought the compression to ~10.5:1 so he has to run 93 octane.

Honestly, you could probably get away with 91 octane on the stock tune.

My 12:1 compression runs just fine on 93.

What's the stock compression for the '99-04 gt?

BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxwhite View Post
What's the stock compression for the '99-04 gt?

9.8:1 I think...maybe a tad less. 10.5:1 I would not running anything less than 91.

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019

post #79 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
yea plus we dont have 91 around here it goes 87 89 93 since id have to run it the tune would be nice

1997 Mustang Gt auto - White Rose - Custom 2in exhaust with headers and flowmasters and an offroad stock 2.25 in h pipe and custom bent 2.25 catback 3.08 rear end MM caster camber plates installed Kyb gr2s installed Ford racing c springs with polys isos all around SR performance upper and lower poly control arms pi head swap gt500 followers sr cold air intake hand ported stock plenum raxiom smoked halo headlights
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97stangt View Post
we already filled her up with 93 before we tore her down so thats all taken care of tho i wish i had a tuner id be nice to run a 91 tune on top of this

Quote:
yea plus we dont have 91 around here it goes 87 89 93 since id have to run it the tune would be nice

Why would want a tune for 91 octane if there's no 91 in your area?

post #81 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
because ive never seen a bama tune for 93

1997 Mustang Gt auto - White Rose - Custom 2in exhaust with headers and flowmasters and an offroad stock 2.25 in h pipe and custom bent 2.25 catback 3.08 rear end MM caster camber plates installed Kyb gr2s installed Ford racing c springs with polys isos all around SR performance upper and lower poly control arms pi head swap gt500 followers sr cold air intake hand ported stock plenum raxiom smoked halo headlights
PONY Member

Quote:
I have 2 BAMA 93 Octane tunes for my 2014 GT.......give 'em a call!!
SHELBY GT 350 Member

White Rose build thread

Quote:

Still confused why you'd want a 91 if there's no gas to use..
Either way, I think I'd rather have no tune than a mail order tune that's based on tunes they did for a "test car." I'd rather have the tuning based on my car.

post #84 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
eh im just trying to get an increase in power plus I don't have enough mods for a dyno tune yet

SHELBY GT 350 Member

White Rose build thread

Quote:
eh im just trying to get an increase in power plus I don't have enough mods for a dyno tune yet

Oh, you're saying that you wish that someone had a tune for 93 octane but you've only seen tunes for 91? I thought you were saying that you wished you could get a 91 octane tune. That's why I was confused. I was wondering why anyone would want to get their car tuned for a fuel that they don't have.
There's gotta be a canned 93 octane tune out there somewhere. But who knows how it'll react with your car? It could be better or it could be worse. If it's worse you'll probably end up buying another tune from someplace else, and by that time you would have spent "dyno tune money" or close to it.

post #86 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
yoppers sorry I should have explained it better im probably gonna end up messing with my transmission next and do the j mod I might just take it all the way in terms of the jmod

post #87 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
My god shes amazing she spins through 1st and chirps second shes much more powerful off the line and she has better mid range acceleration and shes faster we replaced my tensioners and we found out that my driver side chain was very loose so this is most likely why I couldn't take that Malibu

GT Member

Garage
You couldn't take the Malibu because your car was slow and the Malibu probably made more power. Ask me how I know! I went down the same path. I got my ass handed to me on the interstate one night by a 2005 Malibu V6. The next day, I ordered cams, gears, intake, custom tune, and bought everything for a 5 speed swap. That Malibu made me spend a decent chunk of money.

1998 GT
Rebuild in the works. New crank, 2013 Boss rods, srp .020 over flat top pistons with valve reliefs, 12:1 compression, ported pi heads, comp xe278ah cams.
post #89 of 200 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
we own a 2005 Malibu maxx ls v6 and it was faster but not by much I'm winning now tho glad to hear I'm not the only one with the Malibu problem tho maybe its just the 05s that are faster

BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
We have a 2009 Malibu, 2.4L...it doesn't touch my mustang but it is a fun little car for being a 4 door boat.

I did however have problems with my brothers old 2013 Focus ST. He had a tune, exhaust, intake...it made 244/320 on the dyno and walk me EVERYTIME we raced.

On the other hand, on my nitrous, I would keep up with and slightly pull on my brothers current 2013 Coyote.

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page