Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97stangt View Post
I hit about 4 k haven't redlined yet so no I have Wot
WOT is when you will most likely hear the pinging. light to moderate loads might be ok...

You need to do some WOT pulls, all the way to 5500+ to see if you hear some pinging OR notice some hiccups. Problem with that is, if it does start pining and detonating you run the risk of breaking something....which is why we are all advising to run 91+. Yes, you can run around with 87 in the tank and be OK but who knows what will happen on WOT or very heavy loads/cylinder pressures.

You aren't saving that much money running 87...a dollar or so a tank maybe 2 dollars. How often do you fill up?

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 200 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
one and a half weeks I get around I drive about 187 miles in that long and we have this big hill here and it bogged but didn't ping and I save around 5 bucks running regular I can fill up for 20 even sometimes less its like 25 or so for premium

1997 Mustang Gt auto - White Rose - Custom 2in exhaust with headers and flowmasters and an offroad stock 2.25 in h pipe and custom bent 2.25 catback 3.08 rear end MM caster camber plates installed Kyb gr2s installed Ford racing c springs with polys isos all around SR performance upper and lower poly control arms pi head swap gt500 followers sr cold air intake hand ported stock plenum raxiom smoked halo headlights
post #108 of 200 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
what exactly would it hurt I mean we have a rv and it pings in the mountains sometimes and it never hurts it so whats different about the 4.6

1997 Mustang Gt auto - White Rose - Custom 2in exhaust with headers and flowmasters and an offroad stock 2.25 in h pipe and custom bent 2.25 catback 3.08 rear end MM caster camber plates installed Kyb gr2s installed Ford racing c springs with polys isos all around SR performance upper and lower poly control arms pi head swap gt500 followers sr cold air intake hand ported stock plenum raxiom smoked halo headlights

post #109 of 200 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
ok so my a/c has the valve issues but my compressor clutch is going and as of now I'm out of refrigerant so I have 4 choices 1 fix it 2 remove the a/c and the lines and buy a shorter belt 3 leave it in place and buy a shorter belt 4 leave it as it is what are your thoughts on this

GT Member

Garage
Does it get hot enough for you to want a/c in the summer? Where I am it is definitely too hot to go withought it. We need a/c practically year round down here. If you don't need it, toss it. If you will want it later then bypass it until you want/can fix it. The bypass is easy, you'll need to measure out the right length belt and get a ribbed idler pulley from a 2000 GT to put in place of your smooth idler.

1998 GT
Rebuild in the works. New crank, 2013 Boss rods, srp .020 over flat top pistons with valve reliefs, 12:1 compression, ported pi heads, comp xe278ah cams.
GT Member

Garage
This is how I did mine, I dont have power steering either but that wont make a difference on the tensioner side.

1998 GT
Rebuild in the works. New crank, 2013 Boss rods, srp .020 over flat top pistons with valve reliefs, 12:1 compression, ported pi heads, comp xe278ah cams.
post #112 of 200 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
well it gets hot here but the a/c hasn't worked since I bought it all it does is click the compressor on and off do to the low refrigerant. so I don't mind not having it since I just roll down a window anyway. Is there any benefit to deleting it other then what little bit of wait savings their are. And just out of curiosity how come you got rid of the hydroboost and the power steering pump

BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
If you delete it, I recommend getting the AC Delete pulley and removing the whole AC system to save weight and clean it all up.

I RECOMMEND you keep it and fix when you can. You will regret not having it at some point...

GT Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97stangt View Post
well it gets hot here but the a/c hasn't worked since I bought it all it does is click the compressor on and off do to the low refrigerant. so I don't mind not having it since I just roll down a window anyway. Is there any benefit to deleting it other then what little bit of wait savings their are. And just out of curiosity how come you got rid of the hydroboost and the power steering pump
Have you looked at my engine bay? The hydroboost crap takes up too much space and manual brakes and steering dont take much effort over stock. I can DD this car and be comfortable with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonR2006 View Post
If you delete it, I recommend getting the AC Delete pulley and removing the whole AC system to save weight and clean it all up.

I RECOMMEND you keep it and fix when you can. You will regret not having it at some point...
Why do you say get a delete pulley vs bypassing it like I did?

1998 GT
post #115 of 200 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
so is that the stock belt or did you have to get a shorter one

BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwarrior1016 View Post
Why do you say get a delete pulley vs bypassing it like I did?
No particular reason other than one is able to run the stock length belt and keep the stock idler pulleys. Either would do the trick...if I ever delete my AC I'll get the delete pulley.

GT Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonR2006 View Post
No particular reason other than one is able to run the stock length belt and keep the stock idler pulleys. Either would do the trick...if I ever delete my AC I'll get the delete pulley.

I get it. The idler pulley just seems to be excess belt for no reason. Its easy to go to the part store and say I need a 6 rib 66" belt (just a number, may or may not be correct).
JonR2006 likes this.

1998 GT
post #118 of 200 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
so its been awhile but the new additions to rose are a sr cold air intake and raxiom smoked halo headlights right now I'm thinking of doing headers looking at the pacesetter long tubes from lmr for 290 if I can I'm also thinking of doing slotted and drilled rotors and pads from power stop since my rotors feel warped as for the pi swap I'm impressed shes so much better and quicker if beat several cars since the swap I also fixed my ac unit and I'm almost at 5000 mile on the new heads oh and I painted my spoiler and heat extracters with graphite peel paint and added a custom front splitter which as of currently is angled upward thanks for the help guys and ill keep you posted ps I'm running 93 just so there is no issue oh and tell me your thoughts on the headers
JonR2006 likes this.

BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Do the headers. Pacesetters are fine but will need a coating of some sort if you donít want them to rust.

I was wondering how things were going dude. Thought maybe you wrecked it lol

Glad itís running well!

post #120 of 200 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Garage
nah man I take care of her right now I'm trying to figure out how to strip the old factory coating of the pacesetters and coat them with high temp paint that I don't have to bake in the oven. Got any Ideas or anything since I'm in tn we don't have real bad salt problems but id like them to last for 5 years since I'm going to college next year and it will most likely be my last mod for awhile. Oh and I also got new tires from iron man they are the imove gen2s they were like 73 bucks a tire and they handle so much better than those terrible Pirellis I think I'm gonna change my oil at 6k since it still looks quite clean that k&n oil filter and castol magnatech work well. thanks for all the support hopefully I can get these headers done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page