What to do with Grill area on Cobra Bumper? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
What to do with Grill area on Cobra Bumper?

So I recently acquired a cobra bumper cover... And I think the front end of the car looks simply atrocious with nothing in that huge gaping hole between the hood and the bumper.

Have you seen anyone do anything unique with this? 'cause i just hate looking at this blank space lol

2000 GT Convertible. Windsor to Romeo swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

The Cobra grille opening is basically the same as the Mach opening.... Any consideration in just putting a Mustang emblem in there? It's what works for me. Check AM, LMR etc, there's a few different options as far as that goes.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbourne View Post
So I recently acquired a cobra bumper cover... And I think the front end of the car looks simply atrocious with nothing in that huge gaping hole between the hood and the bumper.

Have you seen anyone do anything unique with this? 'cause i just hate looking at this blank space lol
I always like that front bumper. I had a "Cobra" in mine but it was "real" Terminator. Actually had a "horse" from the factory but I swapped it out for the snake.

You could do the running horse, the Cobra or get creative with some emblem that accurately describes what you got. I like some of the retro emblems when placed on a newer ride....like the 60's GT fender badge that has the "G" above the "T".

Later...Dave

Previous Mustangs include:
1989 GT 5.0/347 Stroker Convert 5 speed 3.73:1(296/363 HP/TQ)
2003 Cobra 4.6/SC Coupe 6 speed 3.55:1(466/479 HP/TQ)
Current Mustang:
2012 V6 3.7 Base 6 Speed Auto 3.31:1, 93 SCT Tune, BBK 73 mm TB, AEM Dry Flow Filter, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, FR X-Pipe, Resonators Delete, Trident Axle Back, Saleen PJ Edition Exhaust Tips, Aluminum Driveshaft, 5.0 Wheels/Tires/Body Parts, Roush Upper Grille, CDC Decklid Panel, Blacked Out 1/4 Panels, No badges, Reische T-stat

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
i really wanted to throw something up like a billet grill with an equus bass pony emblem on it but i dont see them for sale anywhere and i doubt anyone who actually owns one is going to let me take it off their car lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2V View Post
The Cobra grille opening is basically the same as the Mach opening.... Any consideration in just putting a Mustang emblem in there? It's what works for me. Check AM, LMR etc, there's a few different options as far as that goes.
I thought about that but its just... theres this hole there. i absolutely loathe it. my car is filthy down there haha.

2000 GT Convertible. Windsor to Romeo swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page