need a list of off the shelf cams good 4 s/c... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

need a list of off the shelf cams good 4 s/c...

Im Changing Out My Heads And Cams Due To A Gasket Leak And Warped Head On My 01 Gt. Im Going With Patriot Stage 2 Heads And I Want To Go With Some Off The Shelf Cams That Are A Good Combo With A Blower. Im Thinking It Has To Be A Mild Cam.im Probly Not Going To Get A Super Charger For A While But I Want My Stang Set Up For It For When I Do Get One. I Know I Should Wait Until I Get The The S/c. But Since I Have To Do Something With The Heads Now,might As Well Do It While Im There... A Good List Of Some Quality Cams For A S/c Will Be Helpful,but Any Help Is Well Appreciated .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008
4.6L Member

ill chime in for markwondi since he cant be here today.......there are no such thing as off the shelf cams, you have to degree any cams you get. and if your going to do cams and a blower, wait until you get the blower before you do the cams, because the cams you need n/a are totally different than blower cams.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefalan23 View Post
ill chime in for markwondi since he cant be here today.......there are no such thing as off the shelf cams, you have to degree any cams you get. and if your going to do cams and a blower, wait until you get the blower before you do the cams, because the cams you need n/a are totally different than blower cams.
i got to change out the heads anyway because the stock ones are warped, i figure do it while im in there... or do you think reusing the stock cams in the new heads and wait until i get a s/c?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page