Ford spring alphabet - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

I've got B springs on mine, use them primarily for drag racing and like them. I have an entire coil cut off on each side so not sure how it effected the spring rates but they are still working for me

98gt Built 2v Vortech Supercharged (Stuck in the 11's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

I have B springs all way around, with stock iso's and shocks. I still wanted a softer ride since it's a vert.
I have read a lot of complaints that people do not think they lower the 1.25" F and .75 R as advertised. I have had this conversation with JonR before. My thought is that is coupled with the stiffer poly Iso's. You can buy OE rubber (though more expensive than poly's), I know CJ pony sells the O.E. Mine where still like new, so I reused. I measured before and after, and I got exactly as advertised instantly.
My experience with the B's was been overall very satisfactory. It gave me exactly the look I wanted, the ride is still plenty comfy, and the handling does feel more sharp now (though I did LCA's, springs, and STB) at the same time.

BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
For what its worth, I have the Cs and wish I went Bs. I am also not running isolators on the top and have solid/poly bushings all over my car so that doesn't help me either.

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Since I've got stock coils laying in my garage, I'm toying with the idea of cutting off a single coil and then running those again. In theory it would ride nice but lower the car just a tad over stock. I wonder if that would be a bad idea?

2003 Mach 1 - TR3650 - Ford Performance aluminum shaft - Mac O/R H-pipe - Airbox modification - 17% tint

Gone but not forgotten:
2001 GT auto in Zinc Yellow-Flowmaster mufflers - Pypes O/R H pipe-Eibach Sportline springs/Koni STR.T shocks-AMR wheels w/ 315/35 MT Street Comps-FR 3.73s-Blankenship Performance tuning-Steeda Under-drive pulleys-BBK CAI-AcuFab 70mm TB
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloyPony View Post
I wonder if that would be a bad idea?
Prbabably, if ride comfort is what you're trying to achieve.
How did the ride feel to you with the stock springs? Too rough? If it was rough or floaty the struts could be shot. Or maybe you need new bushings in the steering components? I think I'd buy B springs before cutting a stock spring. The drop w the b springs was so subtle it's hard notice there was one until I stepped out of the car. The Eibach sportlines were so low the midpipe would rub speed bumps.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxwhite View Post
Prbabably, if ride comfort is what you're trying to achieve.
How did the ride feel to you with the stock springs? Too rough? If it was rough or floaty the struts could be shot. Or maybe you need new bushings in the steering components? I think I'd buy B springs before cutting a stock spring. The drop w the b springs was so subtle it's hard notice there was one until I stepped out of the car. The Eibach sportlines were so low the midpipe would rub speed bumps.
Honestly the ride was OK with the stock springs. I mostly wanted to get rid of the lifted 4x4 look. New front struts and new joints/control arms in the rear are on my to-do list. I am sure the car could use them. It's just a matter of funds.

2003 Mach 1 - TR3650 - Ford Performance aluminum shaft - Mac O/R H-pipe - Airbox modification - 17% tint

Gone but not forgotten:
2001 GT auto in Zinc Yellow-Flowmaster mufflers - Pypes O/R H pipe-Eibach Sportline springs/Koni STR.T shocks-AMR wheels w/ 315/35 MT Street Comps-FR 3.73s-Blankenship Performance tuning-Steeda Under-drive pulleys-BBK CAI-AcuFab 70mm TB
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloyPony View Post
Honestly the ride was OK with the stock springs. I mostly wanted to get rid of the lifted 4x4 look. New front struts and new joints/control arms in the rear are on my to-do list. I am sure the car could use them. It's just a matter of funds.
Those damn funds. I'd start with the springs, and I think you want the B's. You won't notice any decrease in handling capabilities vs the eibachs and they won't beat you near as bad as the eibachs do either. They won't be soft, but they will be an upgrade as far as livability goes. I wouldn't say the stance is corny either. It's not slammed but it's not a monster truck either. You'll notice it mainly in the wheel wells. Springs will remedy the tobacco wagon and new struts will aid in floating. For me it's easier to live with a little float than to ride in a chuckwagon to work. I hated the sportlines on my fox, never again. I dig my '95s B's.
After you get rid of the eibachs you'll probably want to add them to the regret thread.
Apprentice

People hate the Eibach Sportlines that much? I like mine. But they were also on the car when I bought it, so I'm not sure on their ride vs stock. All I know is the thing feels planted to the ground.

Also came from a 92 Wrangler lifted on leaf springs, so I guess a rough ride is normal for me.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming04Gt View Post
People hate the Eibach Sportlines that much? I like mine. But they were also on the car when I bought it, so I'm not sure on their ride vs stock. All I know is the thing feels planted to the ground.

Also came from a 92 Wrangler lifted on leaf springs, so I guess a rough ride is normal for me.
I hated mine anyway. They came on the fox I had. I always wanted to get rid of them but never did prior to selling. When it was time to get sorings for the '95 sportlines werent on the table as an option.
GT Member

I love my Pro-Kit springs, but sometimes I wonder if I might enjoy Sportlines if only the roads in my area were a LOT better.

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page