Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Garage
Any modular bell housing will work, but the one you listed doesnt say that it fits the t56. That is a good question.

Aside from that, it looks like you are going about this in all the right ways. You really need to get us some pictures!

1998 GT
Rebuild in the works. New crank, 2013 Boss rods, srp .020 over flat top pistons with valve reliefs, 12:1 compression, ported pi heads, comp xe278ah cams.
post #18 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Ordered the T56 steeda short throw shifter today as well as the mounting gasket kit and the Ford racing shift knob for it. Also ordered the mounting bracket for the accelerator pedal to make it mount in the car. I got the gauge pods mounted last night and took the time to install the boost gauge (even though its not hooked up since 4.6 motor is still in car). I decided to do this as it is a huge pain to get the top cover in place and only wanted to have it apart once. I stripped the engine down enough to get the oil pump off and change the gears out in it. I still have to order the billet gears for it. Still deciding if I want to have the bottom end forged in it while I have it on the stand. Decisions and money and more decisions lol. I will be taking lots of photos of the process to post for you guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4211.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	602210   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4210.jpg
Views:	112
ID:	602218   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4219.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	1,021.6 KB
ID:	602226   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4218.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	965.3 KB
ID:	602234  
JonR2006 and neuron like this.

2003 Mustang GT Convertible 5 speed - Mostly stock 4.6... 455 rwhp and 573 ft/lbs torque. (SOLD due to divorce)

Currently working on Coyote Swap of a 2004 GT

post #19 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Just ordered the T-56 transmission today. Rusty at American Muscle is the man for anyone who needs anything. I will have the transmission by Friday of next week. Exciting day today guys.
JonR2006 and neuron like this.

2003 Mustang GT Convertible 5 speed - Mostly stock 4.6... 455 rwhp and 573 ft/lbs torque. (SOLD due to divorce)

Apprentice

Still deciding if I want to have the bottom end forged in it while I have it on the stand. Decisions and money and more decisions lol. I will be taking lots of photos of the process to post for you guys.[/QUOTE]

How is it different than the 2v?
post #21 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron View Post
Still deciding if I want to have the bottom end forged in it while I have it on the stand. Decisions and money and more decisions lol. I will be taking lots of photos of the process to post for you guys.
How is it different than the 2v?[/QUOTE]

The 2v had nitrous on it and I was planning to add more to the car while I had it before being forced to sell it. From everything I have seen thus far on these Coyote engines they are pretty capable of 1000 hp before it becoming scary. I know I should probably forge it but the funds are starting to run low. (Unless I can sell my AR-15 then I am pretty well capped out on spending.)

Thank you everyone for the support I have been receiving on this project. I had to stop adding up the receipts so I dont feel bad about the money I spent on it. I do promise though as soon as I get started I plan on taking lots of photos.
neuron likes this.

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Only suggestion I have is go with a 2018+ coyote engine

2002 V6 Oxford White (Traded in for $5300 off the 2014)
2014 GT Ruby Red, planned 1st mod, MGW Shifter.
Biggest Pet peeve, People stealing the parking spot I'm waiting for.

post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Id love to have a brand new coyote engine. I got a 2013 engine that I grabbed cheap. Bellhousing issue has been figured out. Quicktime RM-8080 for about $685. Cobra driveshaft for about $575. Mcleod flywheel for $340. Oil pump billet gears $399. Still wanting to supercharge it but those funds are gonna take awhile to accumulate back up again especially after the T56 transmission purchase.

Still needing wheels and tires ($1100), full suspension kit ($1,200) Battery relocation kit ($150), Line lock kit ($247) plus the items listed above.
neuron likes this.

post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
So I decided since I was off work today it would be an ideal time to go ahead and change my stock brakes out (since the car pulled to right when applying brakes it was time anyways). I installed my Powerstop brake kit that I purchased a few weeks ago. Huge improvement over stock for sure. I installed all new brake hoses on the front as well just to make sure especially since previous owner had no idea what he was doing and twisted the caliper around collapsing the right front hose (see image below).

Yesterday I did splurge a little bit more and decided to purchase the last few items I needed. Bellhousing, driveshaft, crossmember, driveshaft safety loop, full suspension kit from Eibach, caster camber plates, battery relocation kit, and my Mcleod flywheel. I will have multiple deliveries this week and now I am waiting on a few more things to happen so I can purchase forged rods and pistons for it and the oil pump gears.

Anyone want to start throwing out guesses on what I have spent this far? Ill give you the first figure, I paid $4300 for the car. Thanks for following this expensive project. I will continue to update all the way to the end of this project.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4226.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	602617   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4229.jpg
Views:	70
ID:	602625   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4228.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	602633   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4227.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	602641  

Apprentice

Tough without knowing what the junkyard bill was, but I would guess 10K plus the car.
stevew01 likes this.
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
So far...$12k....and counting.
stevew01 likes this.

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
Rookie

Garage
Looks good. 10k sounds about right, but this is so much cooler than a new GT IMO.

Start spraying the control arm and strut bolts with PB blaster now. Itís a good time to replace the stock control arm bushings with polyurethane while you have the springs and struts off.

Great project.
stevew01 likes this.

2002 Oxford White convertible: Coyote swap, 5-speed manual, 3.73 Detroit Trulock, H&R Super Sport lowering springs, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla ATAK exhaust.
post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonholcomb357 View Post
Looks good. 10k sounds about right, but this is so much cooler than a new GT IMO.

Start spraying the control arm and strut bolts with PB blaster now. Itís a good time to replace the stock control arm bushings with polyurethane while you have the springs and struts off.

Great project.
Thank you. I am very excited about this and feel like a kid at Christmas time. (will have that feeling everyday this week as FedEx and UPS will be busy bringing all the parts.)

Ill give you guys a parts list to make the guessing game a little easier. I cried when I started to add up the parts but this car will be so much more than a newer stock GT for sure.

BBK swap long tubes and X-pipe
Morosso swap oil pan
Tremec T56 transmission (brand new with 2.97 first gear ratio)
Steeda short throw shifter and mounting gasket
Lethal performance 1400 rwhp fuel kit (coyote rails swapped into the kit)
Power by the hour accessories mounting brackets and alternator pulley
Ford Racing 6 speed shifter knob for the T56
Coyote swap accelerator pedal bracket
Control Pack with wiring harness, pcm, heater hoses, o2 sensors, air box, and accelerator pedal
Mcleod twin disc 1,000 hp rated clutch kit
Mcleod 8 bolt aluminum flywheel
Energy suspension 4.6 motor mounts (they bolt right up to the coyote and make it possible to use stock k-member)
BBK upper and lower rear control arms
BBK subframe connectors with seat connectors
Eibach Pro-System-Plus complete suspension kit
Battery relocation box
Autometer triple pod mount
Autometer steering wheel cover mount
Autometer digital Oil pressure, fuel pressure, boost, and wideband gauges
BBK caster camber plates
SR performance coil spring isolators front and rear
Valve cover gaskets, timing cover gaskets, oil pan gasket
Quicktime bellhousing
Cobra driveshaft
Stifflers adjustable crossmember
Stifflers driveshaft safety loop
Yukon gear 31 spline positraction rear differential
Yukon gear 31 spline axles
American Thunder Flowmaster catback kit
Powerstop complete brake kit with Z26 performance pads and cross-drilled slotted rotors and new calipers front and rear as well as new front brake hoses.
Salvage yard 2013 Coyote with wiring harness and computer, MT82 6 speed transmission, all the front coyote accessories as well as the coil covers and intake cover. ( Little did I know before overpaying for all that from the salvage yard that I cant use the wiring harness computer and transmission from the donor car)

Not part of the swap but still items it needed

Window tint including front windshield
Interior door handles
New headlight assemblies

Still needing the following:

Oil pump gears and crank gear
Wheels and tires as well as extra rims for rear with drag radials on them for play time
Water pump and thermostat
Steeda X2 ball joints
Steeda bumpsteer kit
Forged rods and pistons
Supercharger kit (VMP stage 3)
Raxiom LED tail light w/sequential (New body style look on the new edge)
Dyno Tune
New ring and pinion gear set and installation bearing kit (will probably stick with 3.27 gears but want new since everything else will be)

As soon as FedEx and UPS start dropping off this week be prepared for photos and more updates. Keep the guessing game going though guys its giving me something to do until I can start putting this all back together.
neuron likes this.

post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Car parts started to pour in today. Received my twin disc clutch my complete coyote 1400+ horsepowered fuel system, and then I took a photo of my pods with Auto Meter digital gauges. Wideband, fuel, oil, and boost. 10an feed and 8an return with division x coyote rails, division x gen 3 dual hat sending unit, the wiring harness all the adapters and fittings, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator and gauge. Cant wait to start putting the car together. Wont be long, spoke to machine shop today while I was at work ( it pays to sell car parts to the owner and his son) and they are pricing out forged rods and pistons for me and machine work. Wont be long and Ill be rolling to my friends to start the swap and then off to the dyno.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4242.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	602865   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4241.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	602873   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4240.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	602881   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4235.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	602889   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4239.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	602897  

Lackey'sGT and neuron like this.

PONY Member
4.6L Member

Dude your a mad man. Love the progress so far, things are moving fast.

Also, welcome back glad things turned out for the best!

stevew01 likes this.

2000 GT 5 speed
SMR #2415
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page