No Brake Lights or Rear Hazards - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 67ragtop302

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

No Brake Lights or Rear Hazards

I recently noticed that I had no outside brake lights, even though the middle one below the spoiler works, and no rear hazards even though the front hazards work. I thought that this was related to the sequential light add-on that I have. It's an old one that required splicing, so I bought a new one from AM that is truly plug-and-play with no splicing. But with the new add-on, still have the same problem. That the front hazards work and I get all directionals, this eliminates the flasher module and fuses (even though I checked the fuse just to make sure). I get the rear lights when the parking or headlights are on. I'm stumped.

Forgot: 95 GT Vert with 96 rear lights.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Figured it out. Read through another post I'd previously skimmed because of the silly comments (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...t-working.html) but ignored the critical paragraph:

He told me to turn my car on turn the left or right blinker on and push the hazard button up and down at different speeds because sometimes it gets stuck and confused. So turned the left blinker on and pushed the hazard button up and down a couple times and wallah the signals worked. I was so happy that is was something so simple. He told me if it wasnt that then i would have had to replace the whole turn signal unit.

I did something similar: flipped directionals up and down and hazard up and down a few times with the key in the On position. Now all is working.

huberoy123 likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018
Apprentice

Okay that is weird. Sticky or corroded switch(s)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page