No heat - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By garrisonjr84

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

No heat

We bought our son a 1999 six cylinder convertible and the heat does not work...

We listened to to many not mustang owners and have replaced the thermostat and the heater core.

I can watch the "heater door" move from C to H when I turn the knob from C to H so I think the door moves properly I can even hear a difference in the air flow when the knob is turn back and forth. but no change in temp

the fan motor changes to all speeds. The knob for the mode cycles through all the modes. the a/c is working

What else can I check.. Please any help is welcomed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019
GT Member

Welcome!

Check the coolant level first, and make sure that any excess air is purged out through the bleeder bolt above the t-stat housing. Once the cooling system is full, run the engine up to temp and feel if both heater core hoses are circulating hot coolant.

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrisonjr84 View Post
We bought our son a 1999 six cylinder convertible and the heat does not work...

We listened to to many not mustang owners and have replaced the thermostat and the heater core.

I can watch the "heater door" move from C to H when I turn the knob from C to H so I think the door moves properly I can even hear a difference in the air flow when the knob is turn back and forth. but no change in temp

the fan motor changes to all speeds. The knob for the mode cycles through all the modes. the a/c is working

What else can I check.. Please any help is welcomed
Had a buddy bring his car into the shop after a very cold day, no heat... come to find out it was as simple as a thermostat, check the little things first before going into bigger, such as things that deal with the coolant. Good luck.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urambo Tauro View Post
Welcome!

Check the coolant level first, and make sure that any excess air is purged out through the bleeder bolt above the t-stat housing. Once the cooling system is full, run the engine up to temp and feel if both heater core hoses are circulating hot coolant.
This solved our issue heat is hot as can be

Thanks A lot
Urambo Tauro and AlloyPony like this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019
GT Member

Great! Keep an eye on it and make sure there aren't any leaks. Hopefully it was just an incomplete fill.

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019
Rookie

It's great to see when people come here for a solution and they find one that works!

2008 Silver V6 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019
PONY Member

Garage
Glad to hear you got the heat problem fixed. I was going to add that it'll help to put the top up. LOL. A lot of people forget that a thermostat that opens too soon will keep your heater from supplying enough heat to the car interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page