Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   4.6L Tech (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-tech/)
-   -   Troubleshooting the AC (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-tech/1082271-troubleshooting-ac.html)

Ashlander 08-16-2019 06:41 PM

Troubleshooting the AC

The AC in my 01 Gt has never worked since I got it. Sometime earlier this year I realized there was a massive hole in the evap to condenser line, which I replaced. After recharging it, it was cold for about a day.

I've been trying to just confirm whether or not the AC compressor is toast. I think it is, but know nothing about these AC systems so hopefully somebody can help me. Both the low and high side lines consistently read the same pressure in all states (engine off, running with AC on, AC clutch engaged/disengaged, etc). The clutch engages at first, then eventually stops, and it doesn't come back on that I've seen. No starting/stopping. No cold air at all. Tried relieving some of the pressure from the low side to bring it down to about 15-20 (both sides read ~120psi initially), so that it would take some freon and I'd hopefully be able to get a better idea of where it was being released from. Both sides came down to about 15, then back up to about 30 after emptying the rest of my can. Still equal pressure, and no cold air.

I'm under the impression that both lines having equal pressure = Bad AC compressor.

Eg1mald0 08-21-2019 02:23 AM

If u scroll down a little. You will see i had ac issues and i was walked step by step.. what to check