2003 gt rewired won't start - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

2003 gt rewired won't start

Hello everyone, I have a 2003 gt that rats ate my wiring and I rewired it but now it won't start. The car would start up fine before the rats ate the wiring. So, after they ate the wiring I located another wiring set I rewired it and now it only cranks won't start. I checked to see if i have fuel pressure and fuel sprays out of the fuel lines. The button in the trunk is pressed so i pressed it and reset it and nothing, any clues I need to get it running my wife wants to sell it if i can't . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member

tell me the areas in the car where the wiring damage was repaired. Have you mixed/match parts from different model years and engine types (V6 verses V8).

Have you checked all the fuses in the engine bay (F1=BJB) and in the driver's kick panel (F2=CJB)?

Have you followed the steps in the "crank with no start" check list? Tell us about the results.

1996+ Crank with no start check list
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...e.html#2984838

Remind your Wife that a broken car is worth only a fraction of it's true value. The only people that will buy your broken car is a TROLL like myself. The troll will offer only pennies on the dollar. The troll will take it home a fix it where you could not.

I live to find cars where the original owner has gotten discouraged and given up. Troll food!

Plus all of the effort you have already put into the repair will be LOST if the car is sold.

2003 GT Convertible (sold & missed)
2000 GT coupe (Craigslist project. Fixed. Now my DD). Windsor to Romeo swap.

Last edited by wmburns; 12-05-2019 at 06:14 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

Thank you. I have not tried everything and I will give it a try. I have been telling my wife we won't get any thing for it the way it is, but if your married you know how it goes when they get adamant about things. lol thanks for the advise wmburns .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page