Ford Mustang Forum banner

Wire terminals for power distribution block?

1K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  paul289 
#1 ·
In an effort to clean up the underhood wiring in my '65, a while back I had salvaged a power distribution block from an SN95 Mustang of some variety. I'm finally getting around to using it. However, I don't want to splice the old wire ends to my Mustang's current wiring. I'd rather start over completely and rewire the whole thing. Does anyone know where to find the correct wire terminals for the relays, MAXI, and ATO fuses for this fuse block?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
But the box is plastic, and soldering terminals in place takes more energy and time than simply making them clip in, and it also looks like there's retainer clips (red) to hold the terminals in. I THINK this might be an appropriate terminal, but I may just have to disassemble the block and check the terminals to make sure.

#4 ·
Fuse terminals look like this, and the relay terminals are similar, but with the tab on the opposite side.

Attachments

#5 ·
Disregard what I said then! You already know what’s going on here. I would have sworn that I checked out a fuse block once and it was all soldered to a board in the box. Man, I might have it mixed up with another job. I apologize for the bad info then, and sorry I couldn’t help.

If it does help any, I have had good luck finding pins on Del-city website.

#6 ·
You actually might have helped me and didn’t even know it. I had to add some fuses when I did a coyote swap in my car, and this means I can get terminals and add them straight in to the box. I have to thank you!

#7 ·
No worries, I figured there would be someone who wanted to add a relay or fuse to their power distribution block and had some info. On that front, I think a standard female spade terminal might work in a pinch. I will try it tonight and post my results.

#8 ·
Update: neither regular spade type nor the kind in the attached picture work. The female spade isn't thick enough, and so goes sideways, and doesn't latch in. The aftermarket ATO fuse terminal is just too big to fit. Next up, see if Ford Box female terminals will work.

Attachments

#9 ·
Box terminal was a no-go. However, I think I found one that will work. Mouser.com has a box-type terminal with pretty close dimensions to the receptacle in the fuse box. I'll probably buy a bunch of these and pray that they work.

#10 ·
The terminal I referenced in the last post does, in fact, basically work for the ATC fuses, but they are not wide enough for the relays. At this point, I'll have to splice into the old wires with the Ford terminals to make it work. I'll keep searching for functional replacements, and will post one if I find it.

#11 ·
Positive news:
These terminals came with my other power distribution block that I bought from Amazon. They have a locking tab on the back, which locks in perfectly with the plastic locking tab on the Ford distribution block. A relay will plug in just fine, too.

I think these are just a typical locking tab 1/4" uninsulated terminal. Probably these ones.

Attachments

#13 ·
You're welcome, though I still haven't found a suitable replacement for the Maxi fuse terminals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.