Kenne Bell 96-03 SOHC Supercharger Kit projected to be available in April - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

Thumbs up kenne Bell 96-03 SOHC Supercharger Kit

Just a little FYI if you have not checked the Kenne Bell (www.kennebell.net) website lately it is reporting that the twin screw kit for the 96-03 2v is projected to be complete sometime in April.

I gave Kenne Bell a call to see if they had any pricing and what the kit includes. I was given a ballpark figure of $3600 for non-intercooled and up to $4400 for the intercooled one. Kit #s are TS1000-99 and TS1000-99INT respectivley. Kits should include manifold, injectors, boost-a-pump, compressor and chip. The kit is rated between 6-16 PSI with CARB certification. No dyno results are posted as of yet but should be availible beginning of April with the kit being relased in late April.

Waited a long time for this one...Feel bad for you 99-01 Cobra owners your kit won't be availible till Jan of 2004 LOL...

:green :green :green

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003
4.6L Member

That would be great, too bad my suspension was the last mods my Wife will let me do!!!

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

Yeah I know how you feel. After buying a piano, landscaping, and new flooring I finally have generated enough browny points for a supercharger. LOL...

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2003
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Well until I see on installed and running around ... it's all vaporware.

03 ROUSH Cobra 1 of 6 *SOLD*
98 ROUSH Stage 2 GT *SOLD*

./_ ___ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_FORD_o_/|
|__|..........|__|
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2003 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

Update

Kenne Bell has release a new price list that includes pricing for the 96 up 4.6 2v (TS1000-99 for $3699). No pictures or dyno graphs yet but at least there is something being sold. Funny thing there is only pricing for the non-intercooled version. What happened to the intercooled one? Got to love Kenne Bell always keep you guesseing.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2003
Mana4Real

I'm still waitin' on more info!!! I wanna see what these things are gonna put out, on small boost applications
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2003 Thread Starter
4.6L Member

You and me both. I have been waiting for this kit going on 1.5 years. I almost went ahead and got the Allen Rev II kit but, just as I was about to buy Kenne Bell updated their site with this little teaser. I know the Saleen Series IV dynoed at around 330 rwhp and 350 rwlb/ft with 8lbs of boost on a stock GT (http://forums.stangnet.com/showthrea...hreadid=288701). I hope it will be 100hp+ increase with 8lbs pulley or 80hp with 6lb. When I spoke to Kenne Bell a few weeks ago they said that they would post tech info on the setup begining part of April with a relase of the product at the end of April.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2003

I cant wait till this supercharger kit comes out.....Kenne Bell is awesome:green
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2003
MACH I Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to 1998GT
What kinda numbers could i see with one of those with like 10 psi?? Would that be safe for stock internals?? Thanks

4.6L Member

There are a lot of us wating to find out more about the KB system. Price it out, now all we need to see is the dyno info.
4.6L Member

kennebell is flat out GAY. they make blowers for everybody except for the 99-01 cobras. hell they make blowers for cars that already have blowers before making them for us.

2004 will turn to 2005 and everybody will have bought a new model.

i don't need no kennebell, paxton works just fine
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally posted by quadcammer
kennebell is flat out GAY. they make blowers for everybody except for the 99-01 cobras. hell they make blowers for cars that already have blowers before making them for us.

2004 will turn to 2005 and everybody will have bought a new model.

i don't need no kennebell, paxton works just fine
My friend has an '01, and the same complaint. You can get more aftermkt parts for an '03 than you can an '01
4.6L Member

I guess another reason why they call them the forgotten cobras.
4.6L Member

yeah well bob cosby isn't forgotten when he runs 11s na with like 5 mods.

or when i go flying by ya.
PONY Member

Kenne Bell has already released hp figures and some other Tech on the new twin screw.

"The Blowzilla 2200 supercharger is rated for 8-20 psi (depending on pulley).....The kit is slated for release in Feb. or March of 2003 and will come with the Flowzilla inlet pipe, a KB Switch Chip and hf pump.......
The blower is a direct replacement and will reduce air charge temp by up to %30. The Blowzilla has %30 less drag compared to the stock Eaton unit and, at 13 psi of boost, it will make over 100 hp more on a factory motor."

That's like 500 hp dudes.:green Here is what the competition will be saying.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page