Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   4.6L Tech (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-tech/)
-   -   T-45 Tail Shaft Swap (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-tech/140694-t-45-tail-shaft-swap.html)

cobra_6725 03-19-2012 02:07 AM

Thank you guys for all of your help. I actually ended up removing the plastic gear off by myself. It came off with ease, but the tail shaft in the 98 cobra is different size for the magnet speedo gear as well as the mounting for the crossmember. So pepeye54 you were right lol. I finally got it all put back together with the correct rings. Man are long tube headers a PITA!

QuiQuepr69 09-14-2013 12:35 AM

I got a question! to popeye54K, and I did use the search button !! yayyy. dahh! now for the question ! I have a 97 gt with a T45 and just rebuild it ! well the rear gears were 3.90 and I change them for 3.73 and still my speedometer is out of wack ! I notice that the factory drive gear is green so it mines, but I forgot to count the tooth in that drive, and when I look at LMR or AM, the don't have a green gear, they only have black and yellow gears!! I have a new sensor gear that is 18 tooth but without the correct number of teeth in the drive gear I fill lost, so the bottom question is did you remember how many tooth it was you green drive gear? that way I can be more "for sure" that just change it then fill like junk because it did not work !! Thanks ! crazy2.gif