1997 Mustang gt pi swap and supercharger - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

1997 Mustang gt pi swap and supercharger

I wanna do a complete pi swap and a put in a supercharger
i was wondering if this would be a good idea or would it cause me problems
if you have done this or know of anything that i should know please help i am new to this and i dont wanna throw away a bunch or money just because i didnt so my research

thank you for your replies

1997GT Chrome Bullit Rims, Headlights (not sure what kind they were a gift), Cherrybomb glasspack, gas pedal mod....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to mell0
if you are looking into a positive displacment blower (eaton, saleen, whipple, kenne bell etc) then you dont have to worry about a pi intake manifold because the intake manifold is incorperated into those blowers. might be the best of both worlds.

2002 Procharged GT
351rwhp, 353rwtq
12.503 @ 113.08

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009
PONY Member

plenty of people do this, im getting ready to do the pi swap very soon. the only problem with supercharging a pi swaped motor is:
1. your compression will go up after the swap, so you wont be able to run alot of boost
2. if your car is old enough to do a pi swap on, chances are the motor has quite a few miles on it and a supercharger will just increase your chances of pre-mature engine failure.

if i was going to throw money into a motor with something like a supercharger, i would go ahead and do the full engine build with forged internals and ported heads and whatnot. thats why im only doing the head and intake swap, then im stopping from there.

out of the mustang game, got me a lightning

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

i might just invest in the supercharger or pi swap for now im not sure ..
if something did happen to my mustang would i be able to move the supercharger to a diffrent car?
my car has 101k on it btw
hmm i think i might just invest in some springs, gears, etc, along with the pi swap before i mess with a supercharger

1997GT Chrome Bullit Rims, Headlights (not sure what kind they were a gift), Cherrybomb glasspack, gas pedal mod....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009
4.6L Member

Do the whole pi motor swop I've found whole motors for around da price of doin just the head swop and then u can run a supercharger with no worries dats the set up I'm saving for.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011
PONY Member

sorry for adding a question to your question but i think it might answer both our questions

i need to rebuild my engine on my 97 GT and was just thinking about buying an engine block and building my own PI engine and put a a Supercharger on it.

any suggestions on a block/internals?
any other suggestions/comments?

again sorry for adding another question

1997 GT - Modded - SOLD

1999 Cobra Vert.
K&N Drop In
MagnaFlow Catback (when not open mid)
Tuned By BAMA with SCT SF3/X3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1997 mustang gt , pi swap , supercharger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page