1998 mach 460 system harnesses - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009 Thread Starter
Apprentice

1998 mach 460 system harnesses

I recently bought a 1998 mustang GT convertible but it did not come with stock Mach 460 stereo unit... I want to install my aftermarket Kenwood unit. what are these harness plugs that I am seeing coming out? I want to use the stock amps from the Mach 460 system and I hear that there are three amps. Which harness do I need to run all amps? Is that the one that has the RCA's? I have read so many posts that I am now confused. PLease send pics if you have them available.

'98 GT Convertible Pony, Pacific Green/Saddle DD, 4R70W, PI Swap, Ford Racing heads, Ford Racing 3.73 gears, Ford Racing red wireset, SCT tuner, MSD Blaster coil packs, K&N Custom Ram Air, Steeda pulleys, Super 44 Flows, NGK Iridiums, Royal Purple, Stage 8 header bolts, Kenwood KDC-X792, Mach 460 speakers, Snap-On tools made it happen, No need to go over 300HP... Awaiting J-Mod, Mild Cam, Accufab TB & Plenum, H&R lowering sport springs, Tokico dampers. Possibly LT's or X Pipe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Hey, welcome to AFM. You're gonna love it here. Any questions that you need answered I can guarantee someone will know the answer. This is a top notch site, with a bunch of top notch members

07 White GT Premium/ Eibach Pro Kit/ 2010 GT500 staggered wheels/NITTO 555R Tires/ GT Headrests/ Straight Pipes with 4inch stainless tips/ 5% tint/ Apline sound system.
*RIP*(Dad, Grandpa, Jared, and many others)
*I've learned from my mistakes, and I'm becoming a better person because of them*
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009
PONY Member
5.0L Member

On 98 you will nee the square on with the RCA's and the rectangular one with the little notch on the end. I have an extra one for the amps (square w/ RCA's) I used it on my 94 but just bought a 2002 so I had to get a new harness. Let me know if you have any other questions.

MARK
92 RED GT 5 Spd
Still trying to find out what is on it.
2002 Silver GT 5 Spd
Gone. 4/10
94 Teal GT 5 spd
Offroad X pipe, 2.5" MAC catback, Underdrives, Steeda springs F/R, Lowered 3.08's, Smog delete Sold 12/7/09

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Here is a link. Ford Receiver Wiring Harness For select 1989-2000 Fords with factory amplifiers at Crutchfield.com Thats what you need.

MARK
92 RED GT 5 Spd
Still trying to find out what is on it.
2002 Silver GT 5 Spd
Gone. 4/10
94 Teal GT 5 spd
Offroad X pipe, 2.5" MAC catback, Underdrives, Steeda springs F/R, Lowered 3.08's, Smog delete Sold 12/7/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page