Which Ford Racing Lowering Springs R Best? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Which Ford Racing Lowering Springs R Best?

I've got some good info from ya'll but need some more info. I'm looking @ getting either the "C" or "R" springs. now I've heard different things on the "C's". Are they 1.25 or 1.5" drop and do they need caster/camber plates??? and are the "R's" too hard for a street racer/ drifter/mild drag car or would the "c" be better???

2002 ROUSH Stage 2, set up for SCCA/Autocross. ROUSH 13" brakes,ROUSH 37mm front sway, ROUSH upper & lower arms, Vogtland coil springs w/ isolators removed, ROUSH CAI, 275/40/17's on 17x9 Bullitt rims on all corners, Hawk brake pads, Tokico D-spec struts n shocks, adjustable rear sway bar, Steeda f&r strut/shock tower brace, bumpsteer kit, J&M C/C plates, sub-frame connectors....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

1.5" drop on the C springs, and you always need caster camber plates, no matter what anyone else tells you. The main reason is that while you may or may not be able to adjust the camber back to specs, the Mustang did not come with enough camber adjustment from the factory, and the more camber you can get, the better.

The R springs are not suitable for street duty, the spring rates are super high, and you'd need Koni adjustables just to be able to control them. Even then, it's going to ride like a brick, and you'll get beat up pretty bad on the streets.

I would recommend the C springs because they are linear, which is nice for handling, the ride is tolerable, and they handle great and have a nice stance. If you want a better ride quality, you may want to check out progressive rate springs like the F springs. They still handle decent, but the ride quality is vastly improved.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009
PONY Member
S197 Member

Check out the Vogtland springs as well, have a set on my 07' & love them...notice Bullitt has them listed in his mod list also.

"There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."- from The Outlaw Josey Wales
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”- Edmond Burke

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Yep, I have them, and I wouldn't buy anything else except for maybe the H&R SuperSports, but he didn't ask about them...........

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

How much are the vogotland's those Ford racings are $175 but I want best value for my buck not just cheap. How or why do you think the vogotlands r better?

2002 ROUSH Stage 2, set up for SCCA/Autocross. ROUSH 13" brakes,ROUSH 37mm front sway, ROUSH upper & lower arms, Vogtland coil springs w/ isolators removed, ROUSH CAI, 275/40/17's on 17x9 Bullitt rims on all corners, Hawk brake pads, Tokico D-spec struts n shocks, adjustable rear sway bar, Steeda f&r strut/shock tower brace, bumpsteer kit, J&M C/C plates, sub-frame connectors....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

I don't know if they're "better", but for the way I drive and the ride I want, they're perfect for me. The drop is perfect as well, 1.6". I didn't use isolators in my car, so it's almost 2" on mine though. Combined with my Tokicos, they offer a great ride. Sam Strano did suggest I should be using a better shock/strut package with them though, so I'll be upgrading those soon.

The cheapest place I've seen Vogtlands is at hotpart.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page