Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   4.6L Tech (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-tech/)
-   -   need help with suspension (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-tech/220890-need-help-suspension.html)

quickndslick2 02-22-2010 02:37 PM

need help with suspension

ok i have never been a man of suspension as i rather spend my money on other mods, but now that i have alot of mods done to the car alot alot of people have been telling me to get suspension work done in order to hook/stick the tires down to the ground i never go to the track and my car is a daily driver but when someone gets next to me at a light i like to punch it so i would like to get as much traction as possible im getting new tires so thats out of the question, so the real question is what can i get in order to make my car hook?? what do each thing do?? which should i get 1st(most effect) the only thing i have is the eibach pro kit springs ANd MY CAR IS A 2002

AJCaron12 02-22-2010 02:43 PM

Rear lower control arms!!!! That and a good set of tires.

quickndslick2 02-22-2010 04:09 PM

ok thanks alot guys

Stage2 ROUSH 02-22-2010 05:26 PM

What type of tires r you getting???? The lower controll arm is a good modification. You might want to also look @ getting new struts.... Are u only wanting 2 do the rear or a full suspension mod??? because you then have alot of mods you can do...

quickndslick2 02-22-2010 05:33 PM

for now im getting the nittos nt555r 305/35/18
i want to do w.e suspension makes my car stick to the ground i dont really care for conering i know i can change the shock/struts, lower and upper control arms and subframe connectors but what else can i do? that will help out

Stage2 ROUSH 02-22-2010 05:55 PM

those tires will help alot n the other mods u mentioned will help, those r the normal mods. unless you want to get real expensive n go with a new 5 link or griggs set up...

hotshot 02-22-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickndslick2 (Post 1939162)
for now im getting the nittos nt555r 305/35/18
i want to do w.e suspension makes my car stick to the ground i dont really care for conering i know i can change the shock/struts, lower and upper control arms and subframe connectors but what else can i do? that will help out

those tires are terrible in the rain ppl have told me. I've got the regular 555's on my DD right now and love them. 285's out back.

And LCA and UCA are generally a good starting point.

Any thought to lowering?