need help with suspension - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Arrow need help with suspension

ok i have never been a man of suspension as i rather spend my money on other mods, but now that i have alot of mods done to the car alot alot of people have been telling me to get suspension work done in order to hook/stick the tires down to the ground i never go to the track and my car is a daily driver but when someone gets next to me at a light i like to punch it so i would like to get as much traction as possible im getting new tires so thats out of the question, so the real question is what can i get in order to make my car hook?? what do each thing do?? which should i get 1st(most effect) the only thing i have is the eibach pro kit springs ANd MY CAR IS A 2002

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Rear lower control arms!!!! That and a good set of tires.

2000 GT 14.5 sec @ 98 mph
SCT tuner...SLP powerflo catback...JLT short ram intake...Typhoon intake manifold...Professional products throttle body...C&L intake plenum...Steeda underdrive pulleys...Steeda tri-ax short throw shifter...05-09 Mustang GT shift knob...Steeda adjustable clutch cable, firewall adjuster, and quadrant kit...Eibach front sway bar...Steel strut bar...Tokico shocks...Polyurethane spring isolators...J&M rear lower control arms...Powerslot rotors...Nitto tires
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

ok thanks alot guys

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

What type of tires r you getting???? The lower controll arm is a good modification. You might want to also look @ getting new struts.... Are u only wanting 2 do the rear or a full suspension mod??? because you then have alot of mods you can do...

2002 ROUSH Stage 2, set up for SCCA/Autocross. ROUSH 13" brakes,ROUSH 37mm front sway, ROUSH upper & lower arms, Vogtland coil springs w/ isolators removed, ROUSH CAI, 275/40/17's on 17x9 Bullitt rims on all corners, Hawk brake pads, Tokico D-spec struts n shocks, adjustable rear sway bar, Steeda f&r strut/shock tower brace, bumpsteer kit, J&M C/C plates, sub-frame connectors....
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

for now im getting the nittos nt555r 305/35/18
i want to do w.e suspension makes my car stick to the ground i dont really care for conering i know i can change the shock/struts, lower and upper control arms and subframe connectors but what else can i do? that will help out
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

those tires will help alot n the other mods u mentioned will help, those r the normal mods. unless you want to get real expensive n go with a new 5 link or griggs set up...

2002 ROUSH Stage 2, set up for SCCA/Autocross. ROUSH 13" brakes,ROUSH 37mm front sway, ROUSH upper & lower arms, Vogtland coil springs w/ isolators removed, ROUSH CAI, 275/40/17's on 17x9 Bullitt rims on all corners, Hawk brake pads, Tokico D-spec struts n shocks, adjustable rear sway bar, Steeda f&r strut/shock tower brace, bumpsteer kit, J&M C/C plates, sub-frame connectors....
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickndslick2 View Post
for now im getting the nittos nt555r 305/35/18
i want to do w.e suspension makes my car stick to the ground i dont really care for conering i know i can change the shock/struts, lower and upper control arms and subframe connectors but what else can i do? that will help out
those tires are terrible in the rain ppl have told me. I've got the regular 555's on my DD right now and love them. 285's out back.

And LCA and UCA are generally a good starting point.

Any thought to lowering?

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page