What year needs PI Swap? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

What year needs PI Swap?

What year mustang needs the swap and what year comes with it? I got a 2000 I'm lookin to upgrade and didnt know if I had PI parts or could use some.

2000 GT - White - BAD @$$
-H&R SS Springs w/Koni Struts and Shocks, Flowmaster Mufflers, VT Stage 2 N/A cams & Performance 600 Lift Springs, SCT Hand held w/93 Performance Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010
PONY Member

96-98 didnt have the pi swap, 99-04 did have it

1993 COBRA, 115k miles on car 2k miles on everything else. Stroked and supercharged.

Snakes are still around some with more bite than others!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

So I have all PI parts except the plastic intake manifold, which in 99-00 has plastic crossover which leaks, and 01-04 is metal.

-H&R SS Springs w/Koni Struts and Shocks, Flowmaster Mufflers, VT Stage 2 N/A cams & Performance 600 Lift Springs, SCT Hand held w/93 Performance Tune

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010
Rookie

With a 2000 model,you already got tha P.I. improvment.So time to hit the aftermarket.Trickflow now makes heads for the 4.6,modularmustangracing.com offers these heads in 3 stages of porting,livernois offers factory heads in 3 stages of porting.several companies offer cam kits and intake manifolds.The bolt-on options are endless.
I've got an '02,so we got the same powertrain.The main thing i feel needs to be addressed before upgrading is that weak,funky tremec 3650 5speed,giving your car is a manual.I'm eyeballing M.M.R.'s protrans 750,which is a TKO 500 worked over by MMR,said to handle up to 750hp or 10.00sec car.I dunno how well tha autos are holding up.My suggestion is definitely consider how you intend to drive the car and power level you wanna run,then research your transmission's performance under these guidelines,I,m sure guys in here could tell you about any trans options you could think of.
I can tell you all about tha trials and tribulations of a stock 3650 in a car with 3.55 gears(stock other than that)and the quest to achieve the quickest(not power-shifted)shift.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

So should my manifold be the old plastic one that leaks or should it be PI? Cause I mine is leaking now, just assumed for now it was the non-PI one.

I have the 4R70W in my car, wanted to do T-56 swap in it but thats pricey for now. Figured I would do J-Mod to it and engine mods until I'm ready to drop in a T-56.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010
Rookie

PI or not,I think tha stock plastic manifolds crap out,one way or another in time.There are several aftermarket intakes available out there,now.I,myself,am eyeing tha Edelbrock Victor Jr. Manifold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page