Mach stereo bypass? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Mach stereo bypass?

Anyone know the best way to bypass the crappy amps for the woofers in the mach system? I installed some subs and a new deck but the stock amps make the door speakers sound horrible! Is there a harness out there that will take care of it? Can I just take the amps out and hard wire it? Help please!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Send a message via MSN to miltongon1
i had the same problem when i changed the head unit i had to put the stock unit back on beacouse the sound was horrible i spoke with a tech at a sound store he told me the only thing was to rewire the hole car and get new amps because the amps from the system are design to work with with the stock head unit

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

I have a full clarion pro audio system in mine, and everything had to be hard wired in, has something to do with the impedence or output strenght of the factory amps/ signal that comes out of factory radio is 1-2V whereas for most aftermarket its 0.5-1V. Hence, why most aftermarket amps have an INPUT SENSISTIVITY switch on them.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010
Rookie
4.6L Member

I know Crutchfield sells an adapter to go from aftermarket decks and continue using the Mach 460 speakers and amp. Not sure if you have used this or spliced in somehow or if it would make a diferrence in how they sound compared to now, butttttt, figures id chime in and say something. Thinking about installing a new deck, amp, and subs that I have and not sure what route to go either. Let me know if you figure anything out and I will do the same. They have 2 different ones I think at Crutchfield, they could probably tell you exactly what one would be best for your app.

2003 Mustang GT
4.6L V-8 SOHC
5 Speed Manual(Tremec 3650)
K+n air filter
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010
Rookie
4.6L Member

One guy claims he used this and it worked for his Kenwood aftermarket-
Factory System Integration Adapter 1995-up Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/Mazda/Nissan at Crutchfield.com

Probably would call Crutchfield with your decks Model # and they tell you if it would work

2003 Mustang GT
4.6L V-8 SOHC
5 Speed Manual(Tremec 3650)
K+n air filter
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

You will have to get a Pre amp and wire AT LEAST the rear speakers into it. This will allow you to turn up the gain and various levels in order to match the input sensitivity on the factory amps.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Thanks for the help guys! I'm going to try the harness from crutchfield maybe that will work.. I hope! other wise I guess Im gettin new speakers and hard wiring... Ill let you know if it works
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I had the harness from Crutchfield. And it Worked fine. I now have one I bought at a local audio place and it works great as well.

MARK
92 RED GT 5 Spd
Still trying to find out what is on it.
2002 Silver GT 5 Spd
Gone. 4/10
94 Teal GT 5 spd
Offroad X pipe, 2.5" MAC catback, Underdrives, Steeda springs F/R, Lowered 3.08's, Smog delete Sold 12/7/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page