welding question please help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Question welding question please help

ok so i got my maximum motorsport full length subframe connectors i just have 1 questing, what type of welding is it?? mig or tig?? thats what a buddy of mines asked me because he might be able to do the welding depending what type it is, if anyone can please advice me and also if theres anything or any steps i should take or do for the welding thanks alot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

mig

Mig, it could actually be done with a stick too but I wouldnt recommend it, a mig will do the job nice and pretty and quick. I did mine with a 110 mig, it was plenty hot enough.

11 5.0
3.73s and Brembo's
6 speed gear jammer, thats all!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

paint

Also make SURE to clean all of the paint off where you are going to weld. It can be done without doing it but its a mess and you might not get a good weld

11 5.0
3.73s and Brembo's
6 speed gear jammer, thats all!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member

tig is for like aluminum, or softer metals.. mig is ur best bed, most people can mig its easy.. arc is the strogest, but over head welding isnt so much fun (i love to weld and the second i get a hot ember in my ear i hate welding). id say bust out the mig, run a mid wire speed, and a high voltage(what kinda machine do you run? are you a welder? do you know what ur doing lol?)

cams, and all basic bolt ons, arizen seats, cowl hood, and now my buckets got a hole in it (meaning im broke) but when i fix it ill have gears and some trany work
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

ok guys thanks alot
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010
Apprentice

Pretty much anything you can MIG you can TIG. MIG is more for speed, such as production. TIG is a much cleaner type of welding, and IMO stronger. I was TIG welder for 5yrs (stainless steel and AL6XN) and for past 2yrs been MIG welding aluminum. It me I like TIG, it takes much more skill but its cleaner and better looking to me.

2000 GT - White - BAD @$$
-H&R SS Springs w/Koni Struts and Shocks, Flowmaster Mufflers, VT Stage 2 N/A cams & Performance 600 Lift Springs, SCT Hand held w/93 Performance Tune
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010
PONY Member

its only better looking then mig if you suck at mig...

i can get them both perfect. and mig is way faster obviously. so id just mig my self...

to me they are all easy as cake. i mastered all types of welding. including overhead. and i love it allll, ima be a welder for a living..

tig is also used for thin materials... not just softer...

2008 Shelby GT500, Torch RED with black stripe combo. HIDS, Shaker 1000, Ambient lighting.

FRPP intake
FRPP KR Shifter
Steeda 2.65 Pulley
Bassani axle back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page