problems with leak from bbk long tube headers 2003 Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

problems with leak from bbk long tube headers 2003 Mustang GT

I have a major leak from the driver side of my bbk lt headers. Its coming from the 2 cylinder back. I was wondering does the dip stick go in front or behind the headers.. because mines in between the headers and the head of the engine. Could this be my problem???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

post a picture of what you mean by IN

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

A pic would be real helpful!!!!

2007 GT: Throttlebody, CAI, Ceramic coated LT's, off road x-pipe,flows, cmcv deletes, predator tuner w/Modular Depot custom tune , sequentials, other exterior mods

1993 Lightning: #949 Black

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalvin1126 View Post
I have a major leak from the driver side of my bbk lt headers. Its coming from the 2 cylinder back. I was wondering does the dip stick go in front or behind the headers.. because mines in between the headers and the head of the engine. Could this be my problem???
Yep! I'm pretty sure that is your problem.
You need to remove the dipstick tube and thread it between the front tubes and away from the block side of the header flange.

Snake 42
2006 Mustang GT Premium, convertible, automatic, tungsten grey/blk top, 18" chrome Bullit wheels, C&L cai, BBK tuned shorty headers, UPR off road X-pipe, OEM mufflers, 3.73 FRPP gears and Diablosport Predator C&L Racer 93 octane tune.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

well i cant get a pic right now but picture this.. On the driver side of the engine you have your dip stick it looks like it goes in between the headers and the head of the block. but now i have to replace the dip stick because the header squished the dip stick tube so the dip stick wont come out now. and its leaking from that postion. So my question is does the dipstick need to be on the outside of the header (not inbetween the header and the block) or on the inside. (in between the header and the block.

(i have to replace the dip stick tube now ugh)

so like this

--------------(k)
------------ (c)
-----------(i)
---------( t)
------- (s)
Block (p) (h)
Block (i ) (e)
Block (d) (a)
-----------(d)
----------(e)
----------(r)

or
---------------(k)
--------------(c)
------------- (i)
------------(t)
-----------(s)
Block(H) (p)
block(e) (i)
block(a) (d)
------(d)
------(e)
------ (r)

Last edited by jcalvin1126; 03-11-2010 at 01:10 AM. Reason: PICTURE DIDNT SHOW UP RIGHT
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake 42 View Post
Yep! I'm pretty sure that is your problem.
You need to remove the dipstick tube and thread it between the front tubes and away from the block side of the header flange.
Y the heck didnt they put that in the dang installation instructions..... UGH dang bbk cost me 20 for a new dip stick.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalvin1126 View Post
No matter how they're mounted, they'll always have some sought of leak. BBK has always had fitment problems, with most of their products, Mike. SCT Tuner.

70 BOSS,with a 71 429 SCJ 8.0:1 compression with an F-3 Pro Charger and 39lbs. of boost. Rectangular Tube Chassis, Custom 17" Magnum 500 Wheels. Just way too much to list, but what a ride. P.S. Hang on tight!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITLRUN View Post
No matter how they're mounted, they'll always have some sought of leak. BBK has always had fitment problems, with most of their products, Mike. SCT Tuner.
its annoying and i dont like it
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITLRUN View Post
I must dis-agree. I've had BBK headers on both my Stangs and never had a problem of any kind. They fit well and sealed completely the first time I bolted them up. It seems, to me, that most of the problems are caused by the installers and not the products.

Snake 42
2006 Mustang GT Premium, convertible, automatic, tungsten grey/blk top, 18" chrome Bullit wheels, C&L cai, BBK tuned shorty headers, UPR off road X-pipe, OEM mufflers, 3.73 FRPP gears and Diablosport Predator C&L Racer 93 octane tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page