Check Fluids Light on 2000 mustang Gt stays on. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Check Fluids Light on 2000 mustang Gt stays on.

All 2000 Mustang GT's have the Check fluid levels light. Looks like a little container with a cap on it with a fan symbol in the middle. Mine always stays on but all fluids are good and new. My ac doesn't work. Air comes out but not cold and, coolant fan never turns on and car runs cold. I,m thinking these problems are all related. Any one have any input? Thanks

2000 Mustang GT/ Manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010
Apprentice

About three years ago one of the hoses that connects to the coolant reservoir slipped loose and this light came on. I reconnected the hose and ever since then that same light has been on in my car. I think it is a sensor. My car also takes a long time to reach normal operating temperature and i replaced the thermostat which did not fix the issue. I eliminated my A/C after having a pesky freon leak that shop after shop could not locate.

2000 Mustang GT

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti

Car info in Profile
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Yea I'll figure it out. Has to mean somethings up and I need my ac. Summers in PA get pretty hot with a lot of humidity. Thanks for replying.

2000 Mustang GT/ Manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
2000 gt , check , fluid , light , mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page