Need you guys to double check me.. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Need you guys to double check me..

Ok guys I had my car parked for few months due to a bad pilot bearing and me not having time to fix it. Well finally I just got her done yesterday, so far all good, but I fixed a problem for another one to pop out... after the job got done I drove my car for a few miles, and when I got back home the car just shut down on me. I checked the fuel pressure plug, and pressed the little pin on the fuel rails plug and no gas comes out. The car only starts with starter fluid, but just for a little while, then shuts down again. Im thinking my fuel pump just went bad on me. What you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

What about the fuel pump impact cutoff in the trunk. Have you checked to make sure it's not tripped?

When you turn the key to run (but not start), do you hear the fuel pump kick on for a few seconds?

96 GT - Triple Black, Lowered - Full PI Swap, P&P Heads, Off-Road H-Pipe, Flowmasters

Current Project: 86 GT Hatch
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

i don't hear it. Does it sounds exactly as an F150? Cause if it does then I can't hear it.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Should sound really similar if not exactly... it's basically the only sound you hear if you turn the car from off to run (unless it chimes or something). if you want to be sure, you can throw a mechanical gauge on it and confirm no or low pressure.

There are just a few components... I'd check that inertia switch in the trunk first (on driver's side against rear wall). It's just a red button.

If you press that and it doesn't fix it, check the fuse and also listen for the relay click that should power the pump. If you hear a click but no pump kick on, then the problem is after the relay. If you hear no click at all, then the problem is before it.

96 GT - Triple Black, Lowered - Full PI Swap, P&P Heads, Off-Road H-Pipe, Flowmasters

Current Project: 86 GT Hatch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page