1998 Mustang GT, loses power when A/C turns on - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

1998 Mustang GT, loses power when A/C turns on

ok when my car is on and i try to turn on the ac it loses alot of power and it even feels like the car is gonna turn off.... any idea what it could be? i already put in a new alternator and idler pullys... any help would be great thanks

95 gt 5.0....... eddlebrock upper and lower intake, eddlebrock throttle body and elbow, bbk headers, bbk h-pipe, flowmasters, cam....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010
Rookie
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DROCK9 View Post
ok when my car is on and i try to turn on the ac it loses alot of power and it even feels like the car is gonna turn off.... any idea what it could be? i already put in a new alternator and idler pullys... any help would be great thanks

ummm, try to recharge your ac and see if it still does it, what it sounds like is your ac pump is drawing too much power, and weakening your circuit flow. it could be a bad pump, check junkyards see if they have any ac pumps for your car, swap it out and see if it still does that. if not, then i honestly dont know. good luck.:smoke:

1999 lazer red (the darker of two reds) ford mustang v6, cai, 18x9 front black bullets, 18x11 rear black bullets, tinted windows, "euro" smoked headlights, tinted taillights black spoiler, short throw shifter, e brake mod....

"one day i had an integra come up next to me at a stop light, and say i dropped 2 cylinders back there, i smoked him in the following race"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

how do i charge it?

95 gt 5.0....... eddlebrock upper and lower intake, eddlebrock throttle body and elbow, bbk headers, bbk h-pipe, flowmasters, cam....

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010
Apprentice

Take to a shop and have them vacuum and charge the system

2000 GT - White - BAD @$$
-H&R SS Springs w/Koni Struts and Shocks, Flowmaster Mufflers, VT Stage 2 N/A cams & Performance 600 Lift Springs, SCT Hand held w/93 Performance Tune
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member

they have refrigerant re fills at ant car store even wallmart has um now.. have you checker ur cluch?? if you need any new parts i have the whole set up im trying to sell

cams, and all basic bolt ons, arizen seats, cowl hood, and now my buckets got a hole in it (meaning im broke) but when i fix it ill have gears and some trany work
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Replace your A/c pressure switch or regulater. Idk what it's called but honestly don't waste money to recharge it yet because the switch is like 11.50 at autozone. I had the same symptoms as you and recharging didn't do squat besides make it colder but still messed up.

2000 4.6l mustang
03 Swap Rebuilt, Pacesetter Longtube Headers, Pacesetter O/R X Pipe, SLP lm1, Professional Products 75mm TB/Plenum,SR Underdrive pulleys, EGR Delete, Mac CAI, Diablosport 93oc tune, FRPP 4.10 Gears, 31 spline FRPP Trac loc+ 31 spline axles, 2" cut springs, Drilled and Slotted rotors/Hawk brake pads, Accel Super Coils, Stall+Shift kit AUTO fml
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page