Fuel Injectors.. What type and # are they?? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
 
zran111's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 142
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt5339 View Post
OK, that explains why you've got 21lb injectors then. The 6 wire MAF is the 2003+ MAF, which changed at the same time as the 21lb injectors.

So, what does that mean?

Either someone took the time to do the '03 MAF swap on your car.........or

Some of the later 2002 model cars were already swapped to 21lb injectors and MAF with the integrated IAT.

Which one? Hell, your guess is as good as mine.......

I guess one way to tell is to take the pigtail from the MAF and trace it down and see if there's any splices in it. If they converted it, they would have pulled the wires forward from the original IAT sensor, and spliced them into the newer style 6 pin MAF connector.
wELL i had a cel diagnostic test done on it in shop today and it through the codes P0102-MAF Sensor Circiut low input, P0113-IAT Sensor Circuit high input, P0141-DWNSTRM 02 sensor circuit fault bank 1, P0161 DWNSTRM 02 sensor circiut fault bank 2, P1000 Testing incomplete?, and P1100 MAF INtermittent.... anyways with both the iat and maf throwing codes do you think this proves that they didnt tune it after all this work??

zran111 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
 
Bullitt5339's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: St Pauls
Posts: 7,401
 
It makes it suspicious, that's for sure, especially since most of the codes are from the MAF sensor and IAT. I don't know if that would cause the O2 malfunction, but it certainly doesn't help.

If you pull your passenger's side kick panel, the ECU is there, and there's a tag with the catch code on it. If you pull the code off the sticker, I can tell you what year the ECU is from.

In all honesty, if it was me, I would keep the car like it is, the MAF and injectors are a decent upgrade on earlier cars, and I'd start saving for a dynotune.


2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
Bullitt5339 is offline  
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
 
zran111's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 142
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt5339 View Post
It makes it suspicious, that's for sure, especially since most of the codes are from the MAF sensor and IAT. I don't know if that would cause the O2 malfunction, but it certainly doesn't help.

If you pull your passenger's side kick panel, the ECU is there, and there's a tag with the catch code on it. If you pull the code off the sticker, I can tell you what year the ECU is from.

In all honesty, if it was me, I would keep the car like it is, the MAF and injectors are a decent upgrade on earlier cars, and I'd start saving for a dynotune.
well im still waiting on my mils for the back so thats why they are popping up..sorry about that. ill check that code tho for the ecu... so definetly i have to get a handheld tuner really soon
zran111 is offline  
 
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
 
zran111's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 142
 
i tried to look for the ecu number on the side of my door but couldnt find it? where else can it be?
zran111 is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
 
Bullitt5339's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: St Pauls
Posts: 7,401
 
The only place it's at is on the ECU itself, in the passenger's kick panel. It's usually on a sticker near the plug.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
Bullitt5339 is offline  
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
 
zran111's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 142
 
alright ill check there now. Preciate it
zran111 is offline  
PONY Member
4.6L Member
 
MUSTANG_220's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Redwood City
Posts: 958
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph11 View Post
Those pink injectors are what came stock on your car. There is not a whole lot of concrete information about the pink injectors that I have found. I have an '03 GT and my buddy has an '03 GT and we both have the pink injectors. I have not found any info from Ford saying either or. Here is an injector servicing company that rates them at 21#.

Ford 14# 19# 21# 24# 30# injector service

Yup I gotta agree here too I have a 2003 Mustang GT and I too have pink injectors stock I have never ever changed my injectors so they are the ones Ford put on my car.

And to the OP whoever owner your car before you is an idiot because swapping the MAF and 21# injectors would probably add like ~1hp lol so he wasted a lot of money when he couldve done something useful like gears! 3.73s baby!

MY PONIES

2000 White Ford Mustang V6 (Auto) SOLD
2003 White Ford Mustang GT (5-Speed) SOLD
2003 White Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Vert (6-speed) "Oreo"
2003 Black Ford Mustang Mach 1 (5-speed) "Black Knight" SOLD
MUSTANG_220 is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
 
Bullitt5339's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: St Pauls
Posts: 7,401
 
Unless somehow in late 2002, Ford ran out of the old parts, and started using the 2003 stockpile of parts, which is what I'm trying to figure out by checking the computer catch code, and whether there's any splices in the MAF wiring harness.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
[email protected] naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
Bullitt5339 is offline  
Banned
4.6L Member
 
2Manystangs's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Tampa
Posts: 12,438
 
I think you guys are way overanlayzing this...if you are at 16 mpg you are only about 1-2mpg from what it "should" get in city driving, 18-19 would be typical for a V8...do you run premium fuel? How are the tires? I'd bet if you run premium and get brand new tires and a nice K/N air filter you'll be right at 18/19...since you just bought that car I'm sure it was neglected for a long time by the previous owner...
2Manystangs is offline  
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
 
zran111's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 142
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
I think you guys are way overanlayzing this...if you are at 16 mpg you are only about 1-2mpg from what it "should" get in city driving, 18-19 would be typical for a V8...do you run premium fuel? How are the tires? I'd bet if you run premium and get brand new tires and a nice K/N air filter you'll be right at 18/19...since you just bought that car I'm sure it was neglected for a long time by the previous owner...
well its actually 15. i have been running 87 octane exxon my tires are always on correct psi. the thing is its bone stock but with a cheap cai....
zran111 is offline  
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
 
zran111's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 142
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSTANG_220 View Post
Yup I gotta agree here too I have a 2003 Mustang GT and I too have pink injectors stock I have never ever changed my injectors so they are the ones Ford put on my car.

And to the OP whoever owner your car before you is an idiot because swapping the MAF and 21# injectors would probably add like ~1hp lol so he wasted a lot of money when he couldve done something useful like gears! 3.73s baby!
yea i plan on getting 3.73's soon
zran111 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1