chassis pre-bent - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

chassis pre-bent

hey guys. i was wondering how i could get my chassis "re-aligned" i bought the car with the chassis already bent. i.e. doors mis aligned. windows role up like crap. is it too late or is there hope? thanks

2001 Mustang GT.Tropic Green ( SU ftw ), AM Cold Air Intake.75mm Throttlebody.accufab Plenum. Pypes Off road X pipe(ceramic coated to headers). J&M Lower control arms. 4.10 Gears. 93 octane sniper dyno tuned. 245 RWHP 287 RWTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010
PONY Member
Classic Member

I would try a major collision shop with a frame machine.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

i just wanted to know if the possibility was there and how much it might cost

2001 Mustang GT.Tropic Green ( SU ftw ), AM Cold Air Intake.75mm Throttlebody.accufab Plenum. Pypes Off road X pipe(ceramic coated to headers). J&M Lower control arms. 4.10 Gears. 93 octane sniper dyno tuned. 245 RWHP 287 RWTQ

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

There's no way to guess at the cost, but it won't be cheap, frame pullers are very slow so it takes a lot of time, and time is money. If the damage isn't too severe it can be fixed close to new condition, but you'll have to talk to a good frame shop to find out for sure. It sounds like your damage is more toward the severe range so I would guess its gonna be costly if it can be fixed right. Keep in mind, no matter what a shop tells you, that due to the nature of metals, once a frame is bent it will never be as strong again no matter how expertly fixed, and it is very hard to get it right in all 3 dimensions.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

i figured that much. but if i can get it right again i can invest in subframes and what not to counter act that

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page