1999 Mustang GT NA + Future Nitrous cam selection - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to 99ElecGreenGT
1999 Mustang GT NA + Future Nitrous cam selection

Hey guys, I have a bolt on and 3.73 gears 99 GT right now. The car made 260 rwhp and 300 rwtq. I have toyed with the idea of throwing a 100 shot on the car next, and then down the road doing heads and cams and building a shortblock. But i am now thinking about doing a cam change next to wake the car up a little bit NA and I figured it wouldnt put nay stress on my weak ass bottom end. I don't have all that much money to spend, so I was wondering what you guys thought I should do? Most of my buddies have LS1 and LS2 cars.... all of which eat my car alive.... If you suggest I do a cam change first, what would be some good options for a good NA cam, but will also work well with nitrous down the road.... Also what would I be looking at for gains with this cam when i change it. Feel free to step in and tell me what my best bet is. Thanks guys.

Rob

99 Electric Green GT: Bunch of bolt on's, 4.10's, Full NOS kit, T56 Magnum, Minor Suspension Work, etc. Car made 336/440 on a dyno jet. 12.2 @ 111.5 with a 1.77 short game...
Next year i'm building a 302 Modular motor shooting for 400 wheel NA and spraying 200 at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

We have basically the same bolt ons except the exhaust. I have a zex wet kit and I play back and forth with 100 and 125 shot. With the 125 I ran a 2001 Z06 from a 40 roll and within 5 seconds I was pulling past him and kept pulling untill we backed out. The Z06 had Kooks full length and Borla Cat back and CAI and a custom Tune. If you dont mind taking the risk of Nitrous, I think it is the best power for the money. But like I always say thats just my thought..

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Convertible with Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 plus clutch, DND 26 spline input shaft, UPR upper n lower non adj control arms,Ford racing rear cover on the 8.8 that was swapped when the IRS was removed, Eibach pro kit, 3:73 FRPP rear gear, 2.8 blower pully, Mack full lengths n Mac flow chamber..
Production number 914
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
aspirated , cams , naturally , nitrous

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page