my new build!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

my new build!!

hey guys. thought id share my part list with you guys and see what you think. Just ordered everything!

the new..
trickflow twisted wedge heads
trick flow stage 2 cams
comp cam valve springs
trick flow timing chain and gears
trick flow hydraulic lash adjusters
trick flow roller followers
manley Forged rods
Forged Pistons (Block bored .02)
Pype's Long Tube headers
Pype's shorty H-pipe
Monster Transmissions 2300-2500 Torque converter

the old...
PP typhoon Intake manifold (wish it was the TF track heat ... )
steeda underdrive pulleys (should i switch back to stock?)

Any suggestions?

would also like to know what you guys think i should be expecting as far as power. I have a nitrous kit im considering installing with this but not 100% sure if i want to or not.

99 Mustang GT (9.2 second 1/8th no spray)

Rebuilding!! forged manley rods--forged piston--Trick flow twisted wedge heads --trick flow stage 2 cams-- Pypes Long Tube -- pypes shorty H -- flowmaster cat back--comp cam valve springs-- A/C Delete -- PP Typhoon intake manifold-- ford racing 4.10's-- upper and lower control arms-- NOS Sniper kit (wet) --

Last edited by THEFURYV8; 06-03-2010 at 05:56 AM. Reason: forgot something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010
PONY Member

only comment i have is my installer mentioned that the twisted wedge heads had some kind of oiling problem that has yet to be fixed. that's why i got the livernois heads instead.

cam suggestion as in stage or brand? personally i wouldn't go higher than stage 2, but it's also my daily driver. if it's primarily a race car, 3 would be fine. brand i would go comp cams, just never heard any problems with them.

keep the pullies. take em off if you add a blower.

as far as power, i know the stage 2 heads and cams will give you about 85hp with a blower, not sure if it's the same na. also not real sure about the bore and long tubes. but i would guess you'd be getting close to 400hp, maybe hi 300's. and then the nos on top of that. if you do go nos, may as well get direct port injection kit.

2000 GT

Build & Blown.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to mell0
i've seen some guys with similar setups pushing 350rwhp/tq. what compression are you going to be running? any dish in the pistons/ which trickflow twisted wedge heads are you running?

2002 Procharged GT
351rwhp, 353rwtq
12.503 @ 113.08

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

That's a nice setup, should run pretty good when you get it together. Any plans for the old PI heads?

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin366 View Post
That's a nice setup, should run pretty good when you get it together. Any plans for the old PI heads?
im not really sure yet. i was considering selling them but i have a spare block i might build for the hell of it. maybe drop it in a miata or something hahaha. will probably end up selling it though. i also have two pi intake manifolds and an extra set of fuel injectors and rails

99 Mustang GT (9.2 second 1/8th no spray)

Rebuilding!! forged manley rods--forged piston--Trick flow twisted wedge heads --trick flow stage 2 cams-- Pypes Long Tube -- pypes shorty H -- flowmaster cat back--comp cam valve springs-- A/C Delete -- PP Typhoon intake manifold-- ford racing 4.10's-- upper and lower control arms-- NOS Sniper kit (wet) --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page