2000 Mustang GT-Noisy a/c unit. normal or not - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

2000 Mustang GT-Noisy a/c unit. normal or not

I have noticed lately that my a/c is kind of noisy. it's making a rattling noise when on. Anyone experience this and if so how did you solve the problem? Or is this normal? it's probably being doing this for a while but I didn't notice the a/c blows as cold as the day i first got it.

White 2000 Mustang GT
Still Stock!
Aftermarket rims and tires
18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010
GT Member

If it just started making this noise, chances are it is not normal and there is some wear going on. Bearings, lubrication, A/C clutch, could be any number of issues.

Good Luck!

The question is not when's he gon' stop, but who is gonna stop him? ~ Super Soul
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to mell0
mine makes a slight humming noise, kind of like the radiator fan. i'm pretty sure it's normal though, seeing as it has always done it and my a/c blows ice cold.

2002 Procharged GT
351rwhp, 353rwtq
12.503 @ 113.08

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

not sure when it started. but it does sound like it could be bearings. guess i could hit it with some wd40 and see if it makes a difference.

White 2000 Mustang GT
Still Stock!
Aftermarket rims and tires
18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Jimmeh33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangladesh View Post
not sure when it started. but it does sound like it could be bearings. guess i could hit it with some wd40 and see if it makes a difference.
Wd-40 is not a lubricant. It should only be used to clean. For a bearing issue you would want to use grease. If its not that loud and ac is working still, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

2000 GT, C&L CAI, 90mm plenum, TB, Mass air, 3:73 gears, demon body kit, saleen rear bumper, custom paint, 18" enkei rims, nitto 555 radials, eagle stroker crank, eagle forged rods and pistons, rebuilt heads( port & polished, new valves/ springs) w/ crane cams, BBK LT's, Dr. gas catted x, Mac cat back, 30 lb injectors, SCT SF3 tuner, Spec stage 2+ clutch
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010
Apprentice

You could take it to a shop and have them put in some PAG A/C Oil in it, that may help.

2000 GT - White - BAD @$$
-H&R SS Springs w/Koni Struts and Shocks, Flowmaster Mufflers, VT Stage 2 N/A cams & Performance 600 Lift Springs, SCT Hand held w/93 Performance Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page