Help w/ amp wiring, what size nut/bolt??? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Help w/ amp wiring, what size nut/bolt???

I'm adding an amp/sub to my stereo and was trying to bolt the amp HOT wire to the "power distribution" box, it between the battery and the strut. I can't remove the nut on it as I've tried to do it and the whole box is twisting and breaking so I was going to add a nut and just bolt it on over the other 2 lugs. There is enough threads I just need 2 know what size it is...... THANXS.....

2002 ROUSH Stage 2, set up for SCCA/Autocross. ROUSH 13" brakes,ROUSH 37mm front sway, ROUSH upper & lower arms, Vogtland coil springs w/ isolators removed, ROUSH CAI, 275/40/17's on 17x9 Bullitt rims on all corners, Hawk brake pads, Tokico D-spec struts n shocks, adjustable rear sway bar, Steeda f&r strut/shock tower brace, bumpsteer kit, J&M C/C plates, sub-frame connectors....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Well it AIN'T 5/16 x 18 or 3/8 x 16

we have a winner. its a m8 x 1.25

now its time to put in a 1100 watt RMS amp n 1-12" alpine x-series woofer

2002 ROUSH Stage 2, set up for SCCA/Autocross. ROUSH 13" brakes,ROUSH 37mm front sway, ROUSH upper & lower arms, Vogtland coil springs w/ isolators removed, ROUSH CAI, 275/40/17's on 17x9 Bullitt rims on all corners, Hawk brake pads, Tokico D-spec struts n shocks, adjustable rear sway bar, Steeda f&r strut/shock tower brace, bumpsteer kit, J&M C/C plates, sub-frame connectors....
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

maybe im too drunk but i didnt follow.. i just setup my car for a amp/sub like 2 weeks ago.. all i did was ran the power cable straight from the battery, to the passenger side, stuck a philips head in one of the black rubber pieces going through the firewall and squezed the wire in through there. then ran the wire all the way to the trunk.. then i ran two rca's and a seperate wire (for 'remote') to the trunk as well. so you should have:

power cable from battery to trunk..
rca/remote wire (i used a 4conductor) from cd player to trunk
power/rca/remote to the amp
speaker wire from amp to sub

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

you shouldnt mess with the current amps!!! thoes 2 amps in the rear go to all speakers, mess with it and plan to screw up and possibly cost extra money
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I connected the 4 ga. amp hot wire to the power distribution box (its like another fuse box) but I connected it to the battery side. The large bat. cable goes to it (pdb) and to the starter. The reason I didn't put it straight to the batery is then I'd have to buy a new battery post end so that big wire would fit. But I did have a spade end that I could bolt on so... thats what I did. And the rest is cake. I used to work @ a stereo shop as an installer as a teen....

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

rofl that'll do it! haha very nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page