Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   4.6L Tech (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-tech/)
-   -   2002 Mustang GT Clutch Replacement Ė Bell Housing Wiring Harness? (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-tech/241510-2002-mustang-gt-clutch-replacement-bell-housing-wiring-harness.html)

Boosh 06-16-2010 12:20 AM

2002 Mustang GT Clutch Replacement Ė Bell Housing Wiring Harness?

Evening -
Iím replacing my clutch. I was putting the transmission back in and the bell housing wiring harness (O2 sensors & transmission wires) slipped down between the motor and transmission. I didnít see this and had to let the transmission back down, but now Iím confused because I donít remember the metal U-Shaped wiring harness being on the outside of the bell housing. However, Iíve never seen a wiring harness mount between the motor and transmission either. So does the U-Shaped wiring harness go on the outside of the bell housing?
Thanks for the help!

03CobraDave 06-16-2010 12:33 AM

hey man, yeah the bracket goes on the outside of the housing, it is the one that hold the 02 harness right? Top two bolts? if it is yeah it is mounted on the outside

STANGonBLOCKS 06-16-2010 01:23 AM

Yeah, outside the trans bellhousing. I tucked mine in somewhere above to hold it out of the way while I got the trans in then put it on right before installing bolts.

:bigthumbsup

99 YellowStang 06-16-2010 02:01 AM

Mine doesnt even have a bracket..no wonder my harness shorted out... Looks like ill be going to ford to get one, or a junk yard.

Boosh 06-16-2010 10:49 AM

Yeah, it's the one that holds the O2 harness (bolts up with the top two bell housing bolts). I firgured it had to go on the outside but wanted to double check. That thing gave me a headache last night. So I stopped and I'll finish it up after work today.

Any suggestions on getting the top two bolts in any easier? I searched on AFM and someone said lift the motor up a few inches.

Thanks!!