Problem- P1747 Solenoid Short Circuit OD light on - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question Problem- P1747 Solenoid Short Circuit OD light on

I know others have posted this but wanted to get a short simple answer if possible about what I should do first to try to resolve this. I know tomorrow I will be going to autozone for a fuse tester and then checking fluid level on transmisison. I have a 99 GT auto that is mostly sitting in my garage for the past couple of 5 years. I drive it once a week every other week (or 3). Just this past week my OD Light would come on and then my service engine light came on and stayed on It would shift to OD and i would have to select the switch to clear it. Seemed like it would hard shift/skip ever so often in the rear when I would speed up from a stop (not often). I hope it's nothing to expensive $$$$ I had the transmission rebuilt years ago and it's been a nice 2nd car for me.

I get error code P1747 and you know my other symptoms. What should I do first? What could it be? I don't get any other codes like others have reported in the Google searches i have done.

Thanks in advance for any advice or tips... I appreciate your assistance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
p1747

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in