2003 Mustang GT question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

2003 Mustang GT question

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and have a few questions. Little background on my car first. It is a 2003 GT vert all stock minus flowmasters and I removed the air silencer. She has 80,000 miles on her. I am the original owner and have had the car since oct '02. I am interested in starting to mod the car but am not looking to spend too much. What are some cheap mods I can do to the car to make everyday driving more spirited?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

rear gears would make the biggest difference for the price, typically 3.73 if you do a lot of highway driving, 4.10s if not so much

cold-air is nice

so are underdrive pulleys

dampers and springs will change how you can take corners making it a little more "spirited" and will also make it look more aggressive

headers, midpipe, and catback will deepen your grunt and give a modest hp upgrade as well

2004 White V6 - sold
2000 Green GT - totaled
1999 Green V6 'Vert - sold
1990 Black GT - sold
1990 Red LX - sold
2003 Grey GT - sold
1991 Blue LX 5.0 - really more of a pile of parts at this point...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
PONY Member

A cold-air kit and tune would be a good start and something you can do yourself with some basic tools.

2007 Vista Blue GT, tu-tone Tuxedo Black. Turbonetics turbo kit ,tru-fiber ramair hood, upr adjustable upper, tubular lowers,Pypes muffler delete, wms stealth hood-pins, roush rear-window louvers, JLT Carbon Fiber radiator cover. 18" staggered Stealth Black Godspeed Omegas, MGW short throw shifter, Oracle blue halo's

1987 Buick GN 46k

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010
Rookie

K&N filter right away or a full CAI Kit.
Gears 3.90 or 4.10 (I like 4.10), wakes the beast in your car.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010
Banned
4.6L Member

Welcome to AFM. We are glad you are here, but there's one small problem - This question comes up about two or three times a week.
Since you're new, you get a pass of course.

Please read this thread:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...new-topic.html
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the heads up. I should use the search button more. But since the thread is already here might as well ask a few more questions . My end goal is to strap a kb 2.1 on. I was goung to get a k&n but i read somewhere that the KB moves the location of the TB slightly and there for some CAI will not fit. Untill I save up the money for the KB I think i am going to add parts they I will not have to change out. I have been thinking about a H pipe because I hear it sounds the best with the flowmasters I have on. I would like o/r but I have to pass inspection so maybe a catted H.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page