2002 GT MAC Prochamber install help - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Purerock Racing
just finished mine by myself in the garage on 4 jack stands... hardest part was geting the car up on the jacks high enuf to work on it lol. Anyhow, passenger side nuts (not bolts) came right off within 10-15 minutes after finding the right combination of sockets, extensions and swivels, (and my car has 181k on it too). I sprayed a bunch of penatrating fluid on all the nuts before touching anything. Driverside nuts were a little harder but they finally cracked loose. Rear stuff was a pc. of cake. Pulled off my 02 sensors no problem and swapped them to the prochamber, those connectors are a #$%##%^&&%$ to disconntect if you can't get your hands up in there. Driverside front was a major PIA! In fact, after the PC was installed, I had to splice in some 2 inch pcs. of wire to my DS 02 sensor in the front cuz it it was too short to connect to the harness for some reason. Anyone else had that issue? But all said and done in less than 2 hours which is counting having to go to the hardware store for the hardware the used pro chamber didn't come with, this thing ROCKS with my Super 44s! Definitely a noticieable gain in some power in my opinion and it sounds absolutely BAD ASS...

Purerock Racing
Quartz Hill, CA
2001 Bullitt GT TB-5175
CAI, MAC Pro Chamber w/Flow Super 44s, H&R SS springs, 10.5" wide rims in back, 315's rear, 275s front, 4.10 gears to go in real soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010 Thread Starter
Paj
Apprentice
4.6L Member

We used so much WD 40 and it definitely helped but that one passenger side bolt was a huge PITA.

Rather than start a new thread, I figured I'll post the video in here. I ordered the prochamber over july 4th weekend from onlineracer.com. Shipping was real fast and the price was under $250 shipped. Only bad part was there was basically nothing in the box to save the pipe from dings etc. I brought it to Dez Racing down in Fall River (they did my gears too) and one of the guys there got the pipe in in like 2 hours. He had to re-drill for some of the connectors too, but he got it done (only $150 for the install too). Here's the vid of her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsHFPO7FQck

First part is just general start-up and rev's, second part is in the car to get an idea of the sound and the last is in a garage (had to hang my hand out the window lol.

I'm pumped, I LOVE how my pony sounds now! Let me know what you guys think!

Satin Silver 2002 GT
SMR #950

"Passions make men live, knowledge merely makes them last" - Chamfort
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010 Thread Starter
Paj
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Purerock you're definitely right, when I jumped in mine and was driving, I could feel the difference. My car felt lighter and like it could breathe much much better. I like the prochamber with the flowmasters because it's not extremely loud but still growls

Satin Silver 2002 GT
SMR #950

Apprentice

nice mine sounds zactly the same... luvin me this sh*t right now!!! At least I know how to do all this now, and will learn from my gear intall next! I got some good install tips from peeps...

Purerock Racing
Quartz Hill, CA
2001 Bullitt GT TB-5175
CAI, MAC Pro Chamber w/Flow Super 44s, H&R SS springs, 10.5" wide rims in back, 315's rear, 275s front, 4.10 gears to go in real soon
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010 Thread Starter
Paj
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Ya nice job man! That's awesome you got it yourself...Wish I was able to get mine, but all well. You'll love the gears, I have 3.73's in mine and they're so fun :kooky:lol.

Do you get like a sucking sound from the midpipe if you shift low? Mine's doing it and just wondering if yours does too?

Satin Silver 2002 GT
SMR #950

Apprentice

yeah you can defintiely hear an "airy" sound from that chamber thats right under my seats... I can't believe how quiet the stock h-pipe is compared to the prochamber

Purerock Racing
Quartz Hill, CA
2001 Bullitt GT TB-5175
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page