1997 Mustang GT Thermostat Installation and Position - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

1997 Mustang GT Thermostat Installation and Position

Hello all,

I been having some strange issues with my mustang in AZ weather. It is a 97 Mustang GT i have alot of mods on this car, but I think my Fan assumably is failing, my temp sending unit, or the thermostat.

I bought a new thermostat, and need help installing it.

I actually know where its located, how to remove it and how to install it.

I just need help positioning it.

I included a picture and just want to know where is this pointed? Engine or Radiator.

It is a MotoRad fail safe unit, and the mustang has a new Maniforld from Dorman.

Thanks.

I am hoping that this will take care of it, however what i am thinking is that since the heat only happens when use AC or Traffic Driving, i think that my fan does not kick into second gear. It runs as has as 80-85% on the gauge. NORAML it sits between A/M, at that point car runs very sluggish.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	2008
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	104871   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	2617
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	104872  

1997 Triple Black CVT GT BBK Cold Air, BBK X-Offorad Pipe w/ 2chamber Flow Master exaust. New Intake Manifold. Fully Built 4r70 w/ Kevlar Bends & clutches, 2000rpm stall, transGo shift kit, and aluminum shaft.
Moser 28spline axels, with a Ford LS Posi TrkLock.
Mach 1 Complete Suspension Kit, Summit Slotted and Drilled Rotors, Energy Suspension Complete Bushing Kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

NM i skipped a step in the Haynes Manual.

1997 Triple Black CVT GT BBK Cold Air, BBK X-Offorad Pipe w/ 2chamber Flow Master exaust. New Intake Manifold. Fully Built 4r70 w/ Kevlar Bends & clutches, 2000rpm stall, transGo shift kit, and aluminum shaft.
Moser 28spline axels, with a Ford LS Posi TrkLock.
Mach 1 Complete Suspension Kit, Summit Slotted and Drilled Rotors, Energy Suspension Complete Bushing Kit.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Yea very easy install. You should not have any problems doing it. Maybe a 5 min. job at the most. Make sure you use a new rubber O-ring.. Good Luck

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Convertible with Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 plus clutch, DND 26 spline input shaft, UPR upper n lower non adj control arms,Ford racing rear cover on the 8.8 that was swapped when the IRS was removed, Eibach pro kit, 3:73 FRPP rear gear, 2.8 blower pully, Mack full lengths n Mac flow chamber..
Production number 914

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

i wouldnt even trust haynes for something as simple as this. but taking the old one out should tell you everything you need to know.
-jake

98 GT vert.-mostly stock
98 SVT contour - DD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page