New member with questions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

New member with questions

Hi everyone, ive been looking over this site and others for a few days and decided this one has the most to offer. I just bought my dream car after looking so long for it. 2004 GT convertible tripple black with less that 60k miles. In my searching ive found answers to most of my questions (ie) seat belt alarm and key remote programing. I only have a few questions left. This was a one owner adult driven car that absolutly pampered this car but it does have one big issue I need to deal with pronto, the top. Its soooo slow going up and for the first foot the passenger side lags behind and all the reading ive done leads me to want to start with the fluid level in the pump and possably a leaking ram.. Is it cost wise a good option to just remove the current set up and replace it with the electric rams? 2nd question. The car only came with one key and I need a second so I went to walmark to get one cust and was told its a chip key and its $50 for the key and programing of the chip, now the dealer wants almost $100 for the key and programing so the question is, is the walmart programing of the chip enough to make it a reliable key? I also want to lower the car about an inch but ive ran across a good deal on some quality 2inch lowering springs, but im worried about other issues coming up going that low like C/c and shocks and such. Can I lower the car 2inches with no issues or do I need to find a 1 inch kit? Im not looking for a tuner look, just a little lower for the tucked mussle car look.
As far as my plans for modding the car im getting an K&N cold air kit and a power tuner for a little extra when the college kids here want play with there tuners, other than that im just going to black it out with smoked head and tail lights window tint and some debadgeing. Thanks for all the future help and sorry for the looooong post.. Gods blessings
Daniel

2004 GT convertible 40th anniv tripple black= love at first sight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Welcome to the site and Congrads on your Mustang purchase.. You have found the perfect place to get answers and advice. These guys in here are great!!!!!

As long as Walmart knows how to program your second key, you should be OK. As far as lowering it 2 inches, you should be just fine with a good alignment when your finished. I have the BBK`s on mine and I do not have any aftermarket C/C Plates on mine and it drives perfect with no tire wear at all. The K&N and the Tuner will help you out a little against the tuner people at your school !!!!!! Have fun with your new ride

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Convertible with Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 plus clutch, DND 26 spline input shaft, UPR upper n lower non adj control arms,Ford racing rear cover on the 8.8 that was swapped when the IRS was removed, Eibach pro kit, 3:73 FRPP rear gear, 2.8 blower pully, Mack full lengths n Mac flow chamber..
Production number 914
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the help Zuk. Im a little old to be in school, I finished my college years a long time ago but I do live in FSU country where there is more money than common sence but thanks for making me feel young again for just a few seconds.. when you lowered your car 2 inches did you need new shock as well? Its not an issue of not wanting to by the stuff but if I dont need it then I dont want to put my hard earned money in someone's pocket that dont need it.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Ok Im sorry, I thought you ment you were in school still. lol When I lowered mine I did not have to change the shocks. Everything still rides great with all of the stock stuff still on it.

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Convertible with Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 plus clutch, DND 26 spline input shaft, UPR upper n lower non adj control arms,Ford racing rear cover on the 8.8 that was swapped when the IRS was removed, Eibach pro kit, 3:73 FRPP rear gear, 2.8 blower pully, Mack full lengths n Mac flow chamber..
Production number 914
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Very cool, I think im going to do it next weekend. I am a little worried because my wife drives it daily untill I get her jeep fixed and she hasnt yet realized that this car sits lower than anything she has ever had, so maby ill wait lol.. I di think I got lucky with the top issue. I pulled the back apart and can see where the line going into the lift ram is leaking so a little teflon take and what looks and smells life hydrolic fluid and it should be ok. SHOULD being the opterative word lol..

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Good Deal......

Production number 914
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page