I have. A/C line question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

I have. A/C line question

I have a 01 mustang gt... So the ac line I'm talking about bolts to the ac condenser at top. Then it curves down with a rubber house then attaches to the A/C compressor. My question is that has coolant running through it?? Because I believe its leaking coolant, but didn't know the ac line had coolant running threw it?? Anyone varify this ?? Also if I replace the line will I loose my A/C , loose the refrigerant?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member

okay first its not coolant. its refrigernt r134a. it you take that like off with out recovering the old refergerant. you lost about 30-40 bucks in rerigerant.

and why do you suspect its leaking there.

have you done any leak testing. cheap way soapy water. next would be system dye. then a ultrasonic leak tester.

1991 hatch 347 forged bottom end.
Tube front end, auburn rear, 5 lug conversion,TKO500
little bit of everything.
2002 blazer-sold 1998 mustang gt-sold 2004 silverado-Trade-in 1991 mustang-trailer queen. 2008 Chevy 2500 ltz duramax
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member

one more thing if its green around the connections. its because they put die in the system that is green most of the time. thats probly why it looks like antifreeze

1991 hatch 347 forged bottom end.
Tube front end, auburn rear, 5 lug conversion,TKO500
little bit of everything.
2002 blazer-sold 1998 mustang gt-sold 2004 silverado-Trade-in 1991 mustang-trailer queen. 2008 Chevy 2500 ltz duramax

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Well yea it's leaking off the rubber hose piece, I've seen it bucking and well yea it's green looks just like antifreez so that's why I was puzzled about it. I wasn't sure if it was antifreeze flowing through to cool the ac compressor idiot know. Wellbit makes sense about the dye. But I got the car recharged about mre then a month ago andvit been leaking almost that long and my A/C is still cold???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page