Downstream O2 sensor mystery? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Downstream O2 sensor mystery?

Ever since I fitted the Magnflow catted X-pipe the CEL has been on, Im getting code P1131, lean on bank #1, Ive read everywhere that I need MIL eliminators on the downstream sensors, the thing is I dont have downstream sensors, the car has never had them, at the moment I have swapped the sensors from left to right and am waiting for the CEL to light again, hoping it will show on the other bank, Am I the only 1 with no downstream sensors, all the SN95's in the UK have them. Any ideas?

96 Mustang GT (Jap Spec) 4.6L v8, Steeda CAI, MSD leads, Blaster coils, Chrome strut brace,17" Rocket Booster Alloys, Eibach Springs & wheel spacers, Monroe Sensatrac Shocks, Magnapack exhaust, Smoked rear lights, UK headlights, Alpine touch screen DVD, Mach 460 sounds, Eibach f & r anti roll bars, Jap wheel arch trims, Opal Frost paint, EBC brakes, full leather, Custom decals, Mach 1 chin spoiler, all chrome switchgear..........More to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member

The rear O2 sensors are only for monitoring the efficiency of the convertors.

P1131 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 1.

You could have an exhaust leak, vacuum leak or a fuel injector issue on that bank.

Since the issue showed up after the installation of the X pipe. I would go over all components that were removed or touched during the installation. It could be as simple as a loose connection or fitting or a damaged O2 sensor or wire.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

After swapping the sensors the CEL came back with the opposite fault code P1151, just ordered new O2 sensors

96 Mustang GT (Jap Spec) 4.6L v8, Steeda CAI, MSD leads, Blaster coils, Chrome strut brace,17" Rocket Booster Alloys, Eibach Springs & wheel spacers, Monroe Sensatrac Shocks, Magnapack exhaust, Smoked rear lights, UK headlights, Alpine touch screen DVD, Mach 460 sounds, Eibach f & r anti roll bars, Jap wheel arch trims, Opal Frost paint, EBC brakes, full leather, Custom decals, Mach 1 chin spoiler, all chrome switchgear..........More to come

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKStangGT View Post
After swapping the sensors the CEL came back with the opposite fault code P1151, just ordered new O2 sensors
Sounds like you are on the right path...
This file might help you later on...
Attached Files
File Type: txt obdII_codes full text.txt (210.7 KB, 68 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page