2003 Mustang GT ABS Light Coming on After Brake Pad Change. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

2003 Mustang GT ABS Light Coming on After Brake Pad Change.

I have a 2003 Gt and I recently changed my brake pads, every since the abs light randomley comes on, which causes the traction control to turn off. Is it a case of a dirty sensor or is it something more serious? Any ideas?

Last edited by pls5; 07-25-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: to add make and modes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010
Snackmaster

Welcome to AFM! What model and year Mustang is it? Let us know and we can direct you to a forum section here that can help with your problem.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Welcome to AFM!

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010
Snackmaster

Have you started with the simple things like disconnecting the battery to reset the computer? My first thoughts always go to the simple solutions first. Let's move you to the 4.6 Tech section and see if the gurus there have some answers for you.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member

I don't think it has anything to do with the actual pads. My brake pads fell out when I was taking the calipers off recently, but I didn't get any kind of light after I put them back together. I think maybe you messed up the sensor somehow. Make sure all the wires and stuff are still connected to everything. Or like Snackmaster said, disconnect the battery to see if it resets everything.

Toy: 2002 Mustang GT
Daily Driver: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

There is noting to reset by disconntecting the battery in this case. Sounds like you might have loosed one of the sensors or reluctor rings (spelling) while doing the brake job. Also you might have knocked the sensor out of allignment with the ring.

2013 GT Brembo Black, 3:73, 6-Speed, GT500's, Urethan Shift Bushing, 8 Ball Shifter, J&M LCA's & PHB, Eibach Pro springs, SR Performance F/R Adj Sway bars, KONI Orange Struts & Shocks, SCT S4/XF4 tuner w/BAMA tunes.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Best initial guess is that you dislocated the abs wheel sensor, make sure it is clean and oriented properly, and do the same for the crenelated ring on the spindle.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

thanks everyone

I'm going to try the things ya'll mentioned, I'll let you know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page