wipers not working, what to do to fix? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

wipers not working, what to do to fix?

Lucky me, I'm driving down the highway and it starts pouring down rain, so I turn on the wipers. Low and behold NOTHING HAPPENS!!! Not good! They've always worked before. Why not now? Luckily when I push in on the knob, the wipers work for the spray amount of time (3 or 4 swipes). So I had to keep pressing in on the knob the whole time I was driving. So I know the wipers DO work, but I cant turn them on and get them to work...I've searched for answers everywhere and can't seem to find anything. I don't have an owner's manual so I can't tell what fuse it is, but I looked at all the fuses and they seem to be fine. Can someone shed some light on my situation for me please?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010
PONY Member

Wiper relay is shot. Easy fix. It's in the power distribution box next to the diver side shock tower. $12 and you're good to go.

PS. A simple test is to swap it out with another relay in the box.

Skip

2002 GT MG Vert
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnats02 View Post
Wiper relay is shot. Easy fix. It's in the power distribution box next to the diver side shock tower. $12 and you're good to go.

PS. A simple test is to swap it out with another relay in the box.
Where do I buy a replacement relay? Advance Auto or Auto Zone?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Okay well actually I don't think I need a relay. If they look like the big fuses, then those are all good. I'm not sure what I need to replace under the hood. Everything looks fine. Like I said, I don't have a manual.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek9299 View Post
Okay well actually I don't think I need a relay. If they look like the big fuses, then those are all good. I'm not sure what I need to replace under the hood. Everything looks fine. Like I said, I don't have a manual.
Relay looks like a BLACK SQUARE BOX w/ spades 3-5 on the bottom... NOT LIKE A BIG FUSE, that my friend is a "BIG FUSE" you r lookin @

2002 ROUSH Stage 2, set up for SCCA/Autocross. ROUSH 13" brakes,ROUSH 37mm front sway, ROUSH upper & lower arms, Vogtland coil springs w/ isolators removed, ROUSH CAI, 275/40/17's on 17x9 Bullitt rims on all corners, Hawk brake pads, Tokico D-spec struts n shocks, adjustable rear sway bar, Steeda f&r strut/shock tower brace, bumpsteer kit, J&M C/C plates, sub-frame connectors....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage2 ROUSH View Post
Relay looks like a BLACK SQUARE BOX w/ spades 3-5 on the bottom... NOT LIKE A BIG FUSE, that my friend is a "BIG FUSE" you r lookin @
hahahahaha, +1 i love the smiley with the light bulb

03 Mach 1: New toy
00 Kenne Bell GT vert: Sold
04 Sonic Blue GT: Missed
96 GT: First. Sold.

06 F250 6.0L 4x4: Studded, EGR delete, IDP tunes, 5" Straight pipe, S&B CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page