2000 Mustang GT with blown rod due to oil leak. how much to fix it? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Angry 2000 Mustang GT with blown rod due to oil leak. how much to fix it?

My 4.6L needs fixing any good mechanics in Los Angeles ? How much am I looking at? Please help !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010
Apprentice

LA is a big city, what area?

If you're on west side near Culver City/Westchester/El Segundo/Marina Del Rey, then I can highly recommend Loyola Automotive in Westchester. Went to them for years before moving to Orange County. Friendly group and damned good at their job.

2011 Mustang v6 Premium Convertible
Race Red, Saddle Interior, Black Top
Pony Package, Automatic, Security Package, Rear Camera, Convertible Boot
Ordered July 18, VIN received August 10 and posted August 19
Built August 23-25, Delivered September 7 (ETA of 5)
Purchased at Santa Margarita Ford
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

thanks but...

Would you happen to know of a price range ? I want the same performance before the damages.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010
Rookie

I have same issue..I am getting a short block but I need to know if it will work from a 97 in a 2000 gt...I think its all the same, except the heads are different...does anybody know? and also I might have a guy to pull the old motor, put the new heads on and the motor back and drop it in for like around 500..so if you can wait I can keep you posted I am trying to get it all said and done for under $800
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010
Rookie

short block for you

call this guy..I just got the short block from him for $300 delivered, Paul 541-944-5872, and if you see this article..if you use the older block he has the older block 4.6 from like 96-98 mustangs, it will have higher compression, I learned that from a thread I posted to make sure that the block would work.

Ford 4.6L and 5.4L Engine Build Ups
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010
Rookie

mechanic

also..if all goes well with a mechanic I am using to do a headgasket on a bmw..I will let him do the mustang..he is quoting $300, to pull old motor out and assemble parts from the old motor, eg heads, oil pan, intake..etc back to the new short block and install it..so I will keep you up to date..but so far the short block is the cheapest way to get your pony running again..unless you can find a direct engine swap..labor to rebuild that motor will be I'm thinking at least $1500 or more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page