1999 Mustang GT - procharger fit with trick flow track heat manifold? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

1999 Mustang GT - procharger fit with trick flow track heat manifold?

i just bought trick flows track heat manifold on my 1999 2v GT. one of the fitment requirements is to turn the alternator 180deg to where the pulley is facing the engine and the alternator is almost resting on the radiator. i want to put a procharger on my car but from the pictures i have seen it looks like the blower is infront of the alternator at the stock position.

does anyone out there have a procharger and a track heat intake manifold???

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_153999.jpg
Views:	3146
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	106603   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2708.jpg
Views:	3630
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	106604   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2709.jpg
Views:	1939
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	106605  

1999 35th Anniversary 'stang GT
Trick Flow Track heat intake manifold w/75mm TB intergrated with K&N CAI, BBK Ceram long tubes w/ off road X mid w/ MAC out back, SCT X3 tuner, MSD blaster coil packs, Mach 1 grill delete, shorty antenna, Steeda Underdrive pulley, sparks n O2 sensors

"i dont play guitar, i know guitar. Playing is for children"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Its close but from the pics it looks like it will fit but I'd call trickflow or procharger n see if they know (if someone doesn't have both on there car)....

2002 ROUSH Stage 2, set up for SCCA/Autocross. ROUSH 13" brakes,ROUSH 37mm front sway, ROUSH upper & lower arms, Vogtland coil springs w/ isolators removed, ROUSH CAI, 275/40/17's on 17x9 Bullitt rims on all corners, Hawk brake pads, Tokico D-spec struts n shocks, adjustable rear sway bar, Steeda f&r strut/shock tower brace, bumpsteer kit, J&M C/C plates, sub-frame connectors....
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to mell0
yeah it should work. no problem. did you get the ovular tb inlet or circular one?

2002 Procharged GT
351rwhp, 353rwtq
12.503 @ 113.08

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
did you get the ovular tb inlet or circular one?
circular 75mm tb

now how can i believe you guys? no offence but if im dropping 4+ grand i want to know for sure

Trick Flow Track heat intake manifold w/75mm TB intergrated with K&N CAI, BBK Ceram long tubes w/ off road X mid w/ MAC out back, SCT X3 tuner, MSD blaster coil packs, Mach 1 grill delete, shorty antenna, Steeda Underdrive pulley, sparks n O2 sensors

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010
Banned
4.6L Member

why don't you buy a whipple or kenne bell? That way there is no issue with intake since it comes with it's own...besides that the procharger pulley needs to be on the same plane as the alternator since it will all turn off the serpentine belt....why would the manifold be an issue unless it somehow is not adaptable to the alternator reconfig?
I'd talk to a local tuner or yeah Procharger or have it professionally installed if you are not confident.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

i dont want to buy a twin screw because it replaces my trickflow mani i just bought.

the alternator pulley has always been on the same plane, otherwise the belt wouldnt function properly

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010
Banned
4.6L Member

oh, never mind, I see what you are getting at...yeah it does appear there will be a clearance issue by moving the alternator to accomodate the intake which would then interfere with the blower head...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Call em, call em CALL EM!!!!!

2002 ROUSH Stage 2, set up for SCCA/Autocross. ROUSH 13" brakes,ROUSH 37mm front sway, ROUSH upper & lower arms, Vogtland coil springs w/ isolators removed, ROUSH CAI, 275/40/17's on 17x9 Bullitt rims on all corners, Hawk brake pads, Tokico D-spec struts n shocks, adjustable rear sway bar, Steeda f&r strut/shock tower brace, bumpsteer kit, J&M C/C plates, sub-frame connectors....
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to mell0
if your alternator is going to be in the same position than it should fit without a problem. and check out MM&FF or 5.0 articles. there are TONS of 2v procharger builds with that intake manifold. it's a very popular one.

2002 Procharged GT
351rwhp, 353rwtq
12.503 @ 113.08

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

soo it will work on my setup after all!!
the blower they used was a procharger p1sc

Trickflow's New Intake Manifold Dyno Results - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
alternator , flow , intake manifold , procharger , trickflow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page