1999 Mustang GT stalling while driving!?!?! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

1999 Mustang GT stalling while driving!?!?!

Hi everyone. This is my first post and hopefully not my last. I have a 1999 Mustang GT with about 80,000 miles on it. Last week, as I was crusing down the road, my car stalled for no appearant reason. I didn't think much of it until it did it again like the next day. The last few days I have been swapping parts out to try and fix the problem but nothing I have done has fixed it. So can anyone help me? I changed the fuel filter, idle air control valve, throttle position sensor, and I have cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner just in the past few days. I am not getting any service engine lights either. Could I possibly be getting a bad coil or maybe a bad MAF sensor? The car's engine is relatively stock. Just bolt-ons...BBK shorty headers, Pypes O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster cat backs, Steeda U/D pullies, BBK CAI, 70MM TB, Proffesional products upper plenum, Diablosport 93 octane tune.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Welcome to the site, unfortunately i cant think of anything other than the things you covered, you may just have to take it to a shop..sounds like its guna take some hands on work

1997 with an '01 4.6 GT swap - Vortech V2/SQ Supercharger 10psi, BBK Shorty Headers, O/R X-pipe, Flowmasters out the back, Cold air intake, 3.73 Rear end gears, T-Rex high pressure fuel pump, 78mm BBK throttle-body, Rear end tubular steel control arms, Drag launch Suspension, MSD ignition and 275/40R/17 NTO5 Drag Radials on back.

Xbox Live Gamertag is DHG DrizzyMAN so hit me up :shiny:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
1999 mustang , stalling , while driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page