Need Help With P0190 Code - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Need Help With P0190 Code

Today I was running the crap out of my car and was spraying nitrous and I missed 3rd. gear and the car went into the rev limiter for a second. The car seemed like it was running kind of flat afterwards and it felt like it had a loss in power. The check engine light came on and I had P0190 code. I know this is the fuel rail pressure sensor. While I was checking stuff, I checked all of my plugs and they were perfect. So I cleared the code and drove for a few miles. Still runs like its not 100% and it feels like it has a loss in power and sounds flat. No check engine light is on and no code P0190. Has anyone else ever had this problem from over reving a motor? Do I just need to go ahead and replace the sensor and go from there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Convertible with Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 plus clutch, DND 26 spline input shaft, UPR upper n lower non adj control arms,Ford racing rear cover on the 8.8 that was swapped when the IRS was removed, Eibach pro kit, 3:73 FRPP rear gear, 2.8 blower pully, Mack full lengths n Mac flow chamber..
Production number 914
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Check the rail pressure with a gauge, then do a compression check, make sure you didn't hurt anything in there.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Is there a way to test the FRP sensor ?

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Convertible with Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 plus clutch, DND 26 spline input shaft, UPR upper n lower non adj control arms,Ford racing rear cover on the 8.8 that was swapped when the IRS was removed, Eibach pro kit, 3:73 FRPP rear gear, 2.8 blower pully, Mack full lengths n Mac flow chamber..
Production number 914

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

OK. I checked the fuel rail pressure and it idels around 40. just to make sure I checked the volts on my TPS. At full throttle it goes up to around 9.65 volts. Now I just got a P0193 code.... damn this is pissing me off. Any Clues from anyone?

Production number 914
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukman31 View Post
Is there a way to test the FRP sensor ?
You can check the FRP sensors accuracy by comparing the FRP PID to your mechanical gauge reading at the rail. FRP PID value should be within 10 PSI of your PSIG reading at the rail. You can also ck to make sure that there is not any fuel leaking out of the FRP.

2003 Mustang GT - All the usual engine bolt-ons, brakes and a road race suspension - SOLD
89 5.0 LX - Too much to list, goes fast, turns and stops!
1999 F-350 Modded 7.3L DIT
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I think I have found outwhats causing all of my problems. I can run my car straight motor and everything seems to be ok now. But wen I spray Nitrous (125 shot ) the fuel pressure droped as low as 13 psi for almost half a second then came back up to 31. and then the light comes back on. My stock pump cant supply enough pressure for the motor and the nitrous. I guess its time to upgrade to a Focus SVT pump... Now correct me if Im wrong, very lowfuel pressure would trigger the code. Correct??
I stayed up all night working on this and my neighbors are pissed at the Mustang going through the neighborhood at 2:15am lol

Production number 914
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Yes, low fuel pressure will trigger those DTCs.

2003 Mustang GT - All the usual engine bolt-ons, brakes and a road race suspension - SOLD
89 5.0 LX - Too much to list, goes fast, turns and stops!
1999 F-350 Modded 7.3L DIT
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

That's possibly the problem, but you may just need a tune. Has the car been tuned for the nitrous or did you just slap on the kit? How much are you spraying? IMO any amount of nitrous requires a tune, and stay off the nitrous until you fix the problem, dropping that low on pressure when spraying can make the motor go boom.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Yea Pro Dyno made my tune and Dave said he made the tune safe for nitrous. All I have to do is go into the tune and retard the timing and its good to go. I think I will just use all motor untill I get my fuel pump replaced. I did pull all the plugs and thy did not show a lean condition. Also the zex system has a built in regulator that if it notices a dp infuel pressure,it backs out the nitrous to mke sure you dont run lean. Thanks for all the advice on all of this..

Production number 914
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page