2003 Cobra Mustang front brakes problems? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

2003 Cobra Mustang front brakes problems?

Hi all,

I got installed in my GT 03 the cobra front brakes, the 13" rotors plus the calipers.

Well, the brake power is so much better than the stock gt brakes. But i noticed the pedal is kind soft when i step on it. But works really well. Also noticed the pedal kind take 2s to go up all the way. Before was really hard with my old brakes.

Also, when i tried really hard the brakes. I noticed the "brake red light" in the dash board show up for 1s and turned off. What can be?

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011
Apprentice
4.6L Member

You still have some air in the system. Bleed the master cyl first then the fronts. Sometimes when you take the lines completly off, you have to bleed bleed bleed and then a little bit more. It would'nt hurt to bleed the rear ones either,just a couple of times.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

+1 on bleeding them. also after you bleed them make sure you really pump the pedal. do some hard stops from like 50mph the brakes should come back to life after that.

06/Satin Silver Gt coupe/ Black leather interior/ 5speed manual,

stock is only for the first day you bring the car home

Silver Mustang Registry #749

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo Send a message via Skype™ to Meehlimo
not to sound like n ass i in no way mean 2 but you did refill the brake fluid afterward correct?

Show mods: Blackout decklid, ultra clear fogs,HIDs 6000k,mach 1 lip, mach 1 grille delete ,stalker hood, Gt scoops, Gt rear bumper, Rear window louves, 01 cobra rims, cobra calipers, cross drilled slotted rotors, two tone paint.

Go Mods: 8.8 Rear, 3.73s, Borla Stingers, JLT Rai,93 oct Perf tune, worked over 4r70w, custom shift kit.

V8 Swap 100%done

2016 Premium Mustang GT Magnetic Gray H-pipe Roush Axle backs.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011
Rookie

Fluid

Did you mix DOT3 with DOT4 fluid?

I just found and used a reverse bleeder. Forces fluid from cylinder to Master cyl (air likes to go up). Fixed a very pesky problem on a fox for me. Let me know if you are interested and I can forward the link.

Between my kids and I, we have three Terminators and two four eye Fox. Torch red 10th, zinc yellow 03, Mystichrome 04 droptop, silver 82GT and blue 86LX. We may soon be adding '11 GT500 for my wife.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Hi all,

The problem was just air. I did the bleed again and now it's ok! I'm happy with my new brakes! Thanks all for the help.

Here the pic of my car with the new brakes:

MUSTANG :: photo3.jpg picture by marciocruz - Photobucket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page