2002 mustang gt COPs and Fuel injectors - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

2002 mustang gt COPs and Fuel injectors

Im looking to buy a new set of injectors and coils for my 2002 mustang gt. What are good brands? Where could i find the best deal? thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member

Stock (Motorcraft)

Toy: 2002 Mustang GT
Daily Driver: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011
PONY Member
4.6L Member

+1 for the Motorcraft COPs, but I've heard Ford Racing fuel injectors work pretty well. If you're not running forced injection then I would go with a smaller pound fuel injector. Such as: Ford Racing EV6 Style High Flow Mustang Fuel Injectors-24 lb at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
But here's a list of good fuel injectors from a reputable site
Mustang Fuel Injectors at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

2000 Mustang GT!!!
FRPP Intake manifold, Flowmaster 40's with larger pipes and tips (Nice deep tone).

"I want to own a shop where people can come and not get completely ripped off" - Ludacris (Fast Five)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011
GT Member

Why are you doing this??? From what I hear the stock COP's are plenty good enough no need for aftermarket ones cause the price compared to the outcome is ****** and for the injectors going with bigger injectors for no reason is a waste of money so therefore stock replacment products is your best bet.

I am not trying to sound like an ass but you give us no reason why you are doin this and if you are one of the many that thinks a stock car or even basic bolton car is gonna benefit from larger injectors and say MSD COP's then you are gonna waste your money!

Hope this helps you out.

Life is to short to live it pissed off cherish who and what you got while you can!
Free speech isnít so free when it comes to protected classes and races, is it?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the information. Im doing this because im having really bad missfires. I got a diagnostic and it needs a couple of COP and a few injectors. Im not doing this to increase horsepower. I just need my daily driver to run good. I need to find a good deal because im a broke college student.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011
Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgessi View Post
Thanks for the information. Im doing this because im having really bad missfires. I got a diagnostic and it needs a couple of COP and a few injectors. Im not doing this to increase horsepower. I just need my daily driver to run good. I need to find a good deal because im a broke college student.
OEM is your best bet, as others have mentioned. you can get some other brands of COPs cheaper, but you get what you pay for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page