engine swap 4.6 into a camaro - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member

Well I finally got a job again and my camaro has some issues with strating and running smooth so I have a friend with a wrecked 2001 camaro that im going to use for a swap or I mite just go buy a new car and just drive it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2V View Post
Payments on an LS1 can't be spread out over the next 7 years. I agree though, it kinda doesn't make sense.

My car needs new tires and I'd really like some new rims also but I just don't have $1600 right now. Maybe I should look into a '12 Boss as well...:nogrinner
Haha I think the same thing all the time but I just at this point in my life cannot justify a $500+ payment on a car and thats without insurance no matter how BA the car is

1996 Red Mustang GT - Sold back in 2012 after too much time and money was wasted on it.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member

Well made my decision now with help from my friends. I am going to be selling my camaro v6 and buying a 2005-2012 mustang gt

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
This was another one of those rabbit hole threads...

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak03 View Post
This was another one of those rabbit hole threads...
LOL
Fifteen Characters

1996 Red Mustang GT - Sold back in 2012 after too much time and money was wasted on it.
74stang2togo

If you can't afford the LS1 from a Camaro or Firebird, just get one from a truck. The 4.8L and 5.3L versions can be had for less than $1000 from junkyards all over the country. The 4.8 and 5.3 are both pretty decent stock too, and you can do everything to them that you could to the car versions of the LS1. The only downside is that they're heavier because their block is iron instead of aluminum.

5.3 into v6 camaro - LS1TECH
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member

I would do that but the suspension is all bad, it was a badly converted t top car that leaks in the rain. Along with wiring problems between the obdI port and the computer. Also has cosmetic damage from previous owner in the front and the back of the car.
74stang2togo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper66 View Post
I would do that but the suspension is all bad, it was a badly converted t top car that leaks in the rain. Along with wiring problems between the obdI port and the computer. Also has cosmetic damage from previous owner in the front and the back of the car.
And you wanted to disgrace a 4.6 by putting it in THAT?
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member

Well if I was going to do the engine swap I was also going to buy all new suspension, new fenders, hood, bumpers, headlights, fog lights and get the t tops fixed at my cousins auto body shop. Along with a new coat of paint and wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page