Keeping the brace, with a twin screw Scharger - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Keeping the brace, with a twin screw Scharger

I had previously asked the differences between a twin-screw supercharger and a snail type one. One answer I liked was that the twin-screw delivers power immediately (I don't go too much in the high RPMs). But, my dilemma is the requirement to keep the front end rigid, while putting on a twin-screw (keeping the tower brace I got from American Muscle).

Anyone out there with a 2000 GT, a tower brace, and with a Kenne Bell (KB) Supercharger that fits under the brace?

I would be interested in finding out the type of brace you used, and the spacing. I am having difficulties to determine KB sizes for their superchargers. There are no KB dimensions available, so I'm going by owner pictures on the internet, and I am having difficulties to figure out heights/dimensions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011
Banned
4.6L Member

Maximum Motorsports can get you squared away with that.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Pretty sure you'll have to pick which one you really want unless maybe you have a brace custom fabbed to go around the s/c pulley. I have yet to see a car with a twin screw and a stb, if that tells you anything. And I've not seen any braces out there that are advertised as being built to accomodate a twin screw. Unless your car is a vert I wouldn't worry about the stb too much, they're really not that crucial on hardtop cars, imo.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011
Banned
4.6L Member

you'll never miss the brace...the KB barely fits under the hood, so if you get one it would have to go around the snout...subframe connectors are the best bracing you'll ever buy for the money
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
Yep, dump that strut tower brace and pick up a set of full length WELD in subframe connectors. I faced the same dilemma with my 2004 GT. I got the subframe connectors and was very glad that I did.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

There are many full length frame braces out there. Which company is most is most recommended??

Would a new K-member help to stiffen up the front end as well? If so, is there one company most recommended?

As for the twin-screw kit, which company is most recommended?

Any install recommendations?

Should I change the heads as well to improve the flow?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011
Banned
4.6L Member

sale it....get a Terminator!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011
Banned
4.6L Member

Just curious....are you on break at work.....using a Driod or I-Phone?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Just came back from a deployment to Naples for Operation Unified Protector (Libya) and they gave me some time off.

You mention selling my 00GT and getting a terminator, which are rare here in Canada. Any other suggestions?
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
Sell it and buy a Terminator is a running joke on this particular forum, pay that no real attention.

I had Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors on mine and they worked really well for me. A new K-member might help a little more with chassis strength but that's a whole lot of work to do for a little strength unless you're looking to lose some weight also.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak03 View Post
Sell it and buy a Terminator is a running joke on this particular forum, pay that no real attention.
Hahahahahahahaha

1996 Red Mustang GT - Sold back in 2012 after too much time and money was wasted on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page