Ford Mustang Forum banner

2002 GT - not a regular exhaust question

572 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Karston98GTvert 
#1 ·
As stated, not a typical thread for exhaust.
Stock 4.6, with the exception of an altenator (reman).

Does an exhaust system exist that is not so loud that you can hear the car from 3 blocks away and still have a performance benefit?
I tried searching, but the phrases sound, tone, performance,, and volume bring up the same thing....LOUD.

I am keeping the manifolds for now, need cats for emissions........but does an exhaust system exist that has good tone but not shake windows/draw attention like my prior Mustangs have? I'm in a quiet neighborhood, and don't need to tell the world when I am leaving. Besides, if I come home late, I don't want to wake the wife and little one.

Thanks,
Augie

#2 ·
If you have to keep the cats youre not going to get too much HP maybe a couple with a high flow cat mid pipe and mufflers are good for about zero hp to answer the performance benefit.

That being said you could grab you a high flow mid pipe depending on what kinda policy NJ has on cats and how many you need, and some mufflers and I dont think it will be too loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.